• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Teitelbaum now offering his eminent wisdom--we're saved!

urbantravels

disjecta membra
*sigh*

Dear Real Science,

You who are so stately and objective and self-correcting, please hurry the *&^$! up. You have no idea how much business you're driving into the arms of the snake oil salesmen.

Love,
me

The title of this thread is worth its weight in licorice extract!
Speaking of which, is Tietlebaum really going to try and push *more* licorice extract on us after all these years? Thymus and Vitamin C IVs sound reasonable, and the IM gamma globulin seems like a good idea, except for the fact that AIDS patients tried all of this already and still died (and early ME/CFS studies on IVIG/gamma globulin had mixed results). It's gotta be crushing for Tietlebaum to contemplate a reality where he has to stop putting the "F" word (fatigue) on everything he markets to the sick and hopeless: maybe we should feel sorry for him for the amount of money he'll have to spend to erase that word from his empire?

Recovery Soon

This would be almost funny if it wasn't for the THOUSANDS of dollars I wasted at his F&F clinics.

And $125 a pop for the useless antiviral drips.

ukxmrv

I've had IVIG and it did nothing for me. I've had decades of supplements and spent thousands of pounds trying to fight this disease. So depressing to see the same old unproven things recommended again.

XMRV+

Daffodil

he wants to make as much money as he can before the real drugs come out. makes sense.

he is a nice guy...maybe he really thinks he is hepling..i dunno