• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Teitelbaum ME/CFS/FM and Oprah

dannybex

Speaking of personality traits, I seem to remember Dr. Cheney once commenting that he had not noticed a difference in the rate of Type A or Type B people developing ME/CFS, but did notice that Type A people were less willing to scale back once they started going further into the illness, something that often made things worse.

And that was the reason Teitelbaum said what he did. He wasn't saying it's all in "Recovery Soon's" head, he was suggesting that one HAS to pull back, listen to your body, and slow down...waaaaaay down...or else no matter what you take, supplement or prescription, it won't do much good.

Stress...(which includes being too "driven") affects the immune system. Even Judy Mikovitz acknowledged that the XMRV retrovirus is "turned on" by stress...

Nielk

I totally agree with those who say that Dr. Teitelbaum is mainly
concerned with lining his pockets..
I went to his FFC in Connecticut for about 8 to 10 months. The doctor there was very nice but, really pressured me to take a multi faceted approach to
treatment. Treating cortisol, hormone,thyroid, anti-viral all at once with the addition of IV infutions which I really didn't want to do. But, he pressured me telling me that if I don't do it all, I'll never know if it would have worked. Well, it didn't and it took me 4 years to pay it off!

Kathi

The F&F Center caused my heart attack. Dr Teitelbaum knew that and did nothing about it. My heart attack happened within 3 visits ( 2 months) and 1 month on medications. Their experts are not experts and the one I went to didn't know a thing about CFS. I was better before I went there. Dr. Teitelbaum is a salesman and quite a good one. I at one time thought he was concerned. I was told that none of his studies used disabled people.

The man had a family and did not need to sleep in his car. He chose to sleep in his car. That is something I never understood when he claimed that.