• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tarvacin "Anti-PS" antiviral immunotherapy

acer2000

I found this information when surfing HIV forums lookin for info on new anti-retroviral therapies (with a focus on eradication):

This compound is called "Bavituximab" or "Tarvacin" - at least I think they are the same. Made by a company called Peregrine Pharmaceuticals. About halfway through this article on the NIH site it lists most of the pathogens this is effective against.

http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/Biodefense/PDF/tarvacin.pdf

Anti-Phospholipid Therapy / Bavituximab Anti-Viral

Duke University's Human Vaccine Institute and the Center for HIV/AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI) is currently investigating PS as a potential target for preventing and treating HIV infection.

minimus

Although it looks promising, it is a bad sign (to me at least) that the stock market value of Peregrine has declined 91% since 1996.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Not sure if that would be a good sign that they are ripe for a buy out or should that have taken place before they fell that far?