• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Taking Silica for the Neck and Head

kewia

MODERATION NOTE: The first eight posts in this thread were moved here from 'Whitney Updates'

Recently, I started making some headway on lymph and inflammation in the neck area. Some chinese herbs I started were working to get my lymph moving and it was starting to help when (I got diverted by the flu and had to break). I personally hypothesize my CSF is also blocked or slowed by lymph blockage.

Would interest me too. Did you also have neck stiffness and dizziness, which got's worse when moving your head backward/looking into heaven/extension position?

Last edited by a moderator:

Violeta

Would interest me too. Did you also have neck stiffness and dizziness, which got's worse when moving your head backward/looking into heaven/extension position?

I am reading about silica this morning and look what I found about silica in the homeopathic materia medica. You don't have to have every symptom.

Head.--Aches from fasting. Vertigo from looking up; better, wrapping up warmly; when lying on left side (Magnes mur; Strontia). Profuse sweat of head, offensive, and extends to neck. Pain begins at occiput, and spreads over head and settles over eyes.

kewia

Head.--Aches from fasting. Vertigo from looking up; better, wrapping up warmly; when lying on left side (Magnes mur; Strontia). Profuse sweat of head, offensive, and extends to neck. Pain begins at occiput, and spreads over head and settles over eyes.
You probably refer to: https://angelshomeopathicdispensary.com.au/product/silicea/, interesting.

Taking Zeolith which is also composed of Silica helped at the beginning of neck stiffness and dizziness, but wore off after some time.

sunshine44

Que sera sera
I am reading about silica this morning and look what I found about silica in the homeopathic materia medica. You don't have to have every symptom.

fascinating and timely. I have been experimenting with homeopathy for 6 months and am finding it very helpful and i seem to be able to tolerate it which is a huge plus.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I did mention to someone recently that horsetail tea* is supposed to be high in silica. It seems to have a slight viscosity to it as well and is very soothing to drink.

I don't have a steady supply of it though so cannot say if it would help long term with loose ligaments. Maybe someone on a silica supplement can chime in and say if they are helped that way with the additional silica.

*Be aware that it also contains anti-thiamine factors so I wouldn't take it near your thiamine supplements.

Violeta

There is a silica supplement from bamboo. rather tasteless, you can add it to tea.

cph13

There is a silica supplement from bamboo. rather tasteless, you can add it to tea.
I use Alta silica for the orthosilicic acid when my nails get ugly. Little did I know about bamboo extracts benefits...I found this after reading your post https://beautyandcutie.com/pages/silica-hair-skin-and-nails. I will be adding bamboo supps to my regime. Do you know of a reliable brand????
Thank you for the information on bamboo.😘

Violeta

I use Alta silica for the orthosilicic acid when my nails get ugly. Little did I know about bamboo extracts benefits...I found this after reading your post https://beautyandcutie.com/pages/silica-hair-skin-and-nails. I will be adding bamboo supps to my regime. Do you know of a reliable brand????
Thank you for the information on bamboo.😘
That's a really good article! The bamboo silica that I have is a powder, and I put it in a glass jar. I wasn't taking it regularly so I've had it for a long time and can't remember where I bought it. I think it was from Bulk Supplements.