• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplements that help with muscle fatigue/pain

godlovesatrier

Hi Pam,

I absolutely agree wirh you down regulation is a huge thing as is the potential to cause bad side effects. The bcaas I will be taking are only those used for muscular recovery. Still they may not work for me. Or I may do myself more damage. We will see.

Thanks,

Dom

Shoshana

Northern USA
I have problems with BCAA they overstimulated me in the past and I couldn't sleep plus from memory I think I became too aggressive (I am homozygous for COMT and MAO which aren't great combos).

This morning I tried to take some whey protein powder but with everything that has happened I am now intolerant of any dairy (as well as gluten) and within an hour and a half of taking a smoothie my body had eliminated it all in a very uncomfortable way! I felt awful all morning with my blood sugar all over the place and now have a migraine developing but do feel better in myself at least.

One thing I have tried this morning is half a capsule of Reishi mushroom.

I haven't read ALL of the posts in this thread, yet, but I intend to, and hi to all of you.

If you have trouble with dairy and with the bcaa's, i wonder if you might tolerate and benefit from Collagen Peptides. I have found them helpful, myself, and i do not tolerate dairy either, or many, many foods and additives.

My memory tells me that Collagen includes the bcaa's but perhaps because they are in balance with the other amino acids, they might not have that effect on you, of course I don't know, just ideas....

Mushrooms, just be on the lookout, for any signs of possible allergy to them.

bertiedog

Yes I do take Neo Cell daily but think it does convert to glutamine which can give me bad headaches so its probably best I don't take it daily.

Thanks for the tips.

Pam