• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplementation with high concentrations of synthetic B6 (pyridoxine) leads to decreased natural vitamin B6 (pyridoxal) function

+ Molybdenum

I have run into problems with P5P only, and now I understand this recommendation:

ETA
My supplement has 100mg b6 and 1mg p5p... I still don't really understand why this is, do you know more?

I am hesitant to supplement it though because 100mg of inactive b6 seems like a lot, and having had neurological issues in the past b6 neuropathy worries me.

Pyrrhus

My supplement has 100mg b6 and 1mg p5p... I still don't really understand why this is

They probably have to provide a minimum of the active form of vitamin B6 (P5P) because some people can not convert the inactive form (pyridoxine) to the active form. Otherwise, these people could develop neuropathy and sue the company for causing their neuropathy.

But they don't like providing it all as P5P, probably because P5P is not as shelf-stable as pyridoxine.