• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Success! FDA Commits to Stakeholder Meeting...

YOUR VOICES MADE THE DIFFERENCE

We are very happy to announce that during a conference call, Dr. Janet Woodcock, Director of Center for Drug Evaluation and Research at the FDA, made a commitment​
to the ME/CFS community to hold a Stakeholder Meeting.​

We'll let you know more as the meeting and agenda for the meeting develops.​

In the meantime pat yourself on the back and thanks for your support!

Working together we can make a difference for ME/CFS
View the Post on the Blog

Thank you to everyone who added their voice and helped us get this meeting!!!

And many thanks to everyone who is working on meting plans and agenda!

Let's keep working together so that we can accomplish more things like this!
This has the potential to be a big (big) breakthrough for ME/CFS. With Ampligen (still) in the pipeline, studies beginning in Rituximab and the CAA's Biovista project promising new drug possibility, the idea of a streamlined approach to FDA drug approval is very exciting....Congratulations to everybody who lent their time and effort for this.

This is a great example where we can see the direct effect of pulling our resources together to achieve success.
I congratulate everyone involved for a job well done.

This took three separate letters and a sustained effort over time... what some other advocacy attempts have lacked. I also believe that Dr. Woodcock was honest what she said in one of her talks that she was committed to helping the needs of people with chronic illnesses. I imagine it was a combination of things; persistent effort and an FDA official who understood where we were coming from...

Of course the proof is in the pudding......We'll see how the meeting and the agenda for the meeting evolves.

I wonder if the Obamacare being held up by the Supreme Court had anything to do with it? They probably want to seem responsive to people, as much as possible and avoid any negative attention in regards to health care and the govt'.

right?

GG

It was announced in the CFSAC that there are eight drug applications for CFS (one being Ampligen) - isn't that crazy, who would've guessed!! :)

Maybe this will help boost them all - fingers crossed.