• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sublingual D-ribose: bad for your teeth?

mitoMAN

Dear fellow users,
I would like to inquire if there are studies about the sublingual intake of D-Ribose?
Sadly I couldnt find any source. As D-Ribose is a form of sugar, does it significantly harm your teeth by taking it sublingually and keeping it in the mouth for several minutes?

Also: Does sublingual dosing have the same effect for D-Ribose?
I read that not every substance is meant to be taken sublingually if available for oral ingestion.

D-Ribose taken orally is causing heavy gut discomfort and diarrhea for me.
Sadly this form of intake is not an option for me. I tried it several times over the past years.. with the same gut results over and over again :(

Learner1

It's redundant and farther away from your target. Perhaps better to use the money you're spending on something else, like trans-resveratrol??

Screenshot_20200606-225807.png

mitoMAN

Thank you @Learner1
I am already taking Trans-Resv and several other mito components. Honestly not feeling anything yet tho

Do you happen to know if the SLC12A8 Transporter for NMN is benefiting from Insulin as some of the GLUT transporters?

Started 18. February
1000mg of NMN (β-Nicotinamide Mononucleotide)
1000mg of Trans-Resverastrol
600mg CoQ10
5000mg Creatine
Vitamin B complexes (B3 B2 B1 B9 B12)
300mg Alpha‐lipoic acid (ALA)*
30mg Zinc
600mg NAC
200ug Selenium
500mg Magnesium (elementar)
2g Omega 3 Fish Oil
5000iu Vitamin D & K2

Learner1

Too much NAD+ can promote cancer. If you're not feeling anything on that whopping a dose of NMN, I'd question if you're solving the right problem. I get a good bump out of 125mg.

Have you looked into oxidative and nitrosative stress? They damage membranes. NT Factor has been a big help for me, as have A, C, E, glutathione, high dose ALA, melatonin, and quercetin. And BH4

mitoMAN

Thank you @Learner1

I was generally under the impression that all these supplements need to be taken for a long period of time until "improvment" can be felt.
How did that turn out for your NMN supplementation? How "fast" could you feel the improvements?

As for the oxidative and nitrosative stress. I did a quick forum search and couldnt find a big guideline post on this one. Have I missed it? Seems like a very interesting protocol to read up on!

For example what exactly is "A, C, E" referring to?

Rufous McKinney

Sadly I couldnt find any source. As D-Ribose is a form of sugar, does it significantly harm your teeth by taking it sublingually and keeping it in the mouth for several minutes

Maybe if you simply rinse your mouth after taking it with baking soda, it would neutralize any acidity and/or rinse out the sugars...

Learner1

I was generally under the impression that all these supplements need to be taken for a long period of time until "improvment" can be felt.
How did that turn out for your NMN supplementation? How "fast" could you feel the improvements?
I can feel the effects of NMN within 5-20 minutes. It's like gas for the engine.

Most of the other mito supplements are for the health of the engine and do take awhile to gradually improve things.
As for the oxidative and nitrosative stress. I did a quick forum search and couldnt find a big guideline post on this one. Have I missed it? Seems like a very interesting protocol to read up on!
See attached.

In the conclusion of last year's NIH Accelerating Research conference, Ron Tomkins made sure to include it as a factor, the only topic he mentioned that had not been discussed by any of the presenters.

I've found that focusing on these issues gas greatly helped my recovery
For example what exactly is "A, C, E" referring to?
Er, vitamins? They are part of the antioxidant network. Single antioxidants dont do much, and, in fact, can be harmful.

I inadvertantly found that upping my vitamin A, E, and ALA dramatically increased my energy. Before that, I'd only focused on C, NAC, and glutathione.

Attachments

• oxidative nitrosative stress in cfs.pdf
    320.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Pall ONOO cure.pdf
    114.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Pall-vitamin C B3 folate B12-Pauling-was-Right.pdf
    342.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Membrane-Lipid-Replacement (1).pdf
    140.1 KB · Views: 18

mitoMAN

Thank you @Learner1

I have been reading your and @Hip posts with great great interest!
So much to learn still - I will make sure to read these papers as soon as I have enough energy to do so!

It is very interesting that you feel the effect of NMN on the same day or even hour!

I was first wondering of increasing the dosage even higher, but now I think otherwise.
Do you take any supplements to prevent NAD+ tumor promotion?

My friend advised to ask if people maybe take substances like "quercitin" to counteract the tumor promotion?

Learner1

It is very interesting that you feel the effect of NMN on the same day or even hour!
Within 5 minutes.
I was first wondering of increasing the dosage even higher, but now I think otherwise.
Do you take any supplements to prevent NAD+ tumor promotion?
Well, I know what things I shouldn't go overboard on that can backfire and promote cancer, and I do take several anti-cancer substances.
My friend advised to ask if people maybe take substances like "quercitin" to counteract the tumor promotion?
Melatonin, curcumin, quercetin, and medicinal mushrooms are anti-cancer. The first 3 are very helpful to mitochondria.

Not overly pushing mTOR and having the right balance of autophagy help. And being low carb, eating lots of colorful plant foods, and staying away from white flour and sugar and high dose l-glutamine help, too.