• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Study links chronic fatigue syndrome to a class of virus

leelaplay

David Tuller, nytimes in the Chatanooga TImes Free Press

Highlights for me:

Many experts and researchers argue that the CDCs strategy leads to overdiagnosis because it fails to fully distinguish the disease from psychiatric disorders like depression.

Judy A. Mikovits, the senior author of the Science paper, said she hoped to organize clinical trials of anti-retrovirals by the end of the year, noting that they could lead to answers about whether a retrovirus causes the disease as well as to effective treatments.
I think it settles the issue of whether the initial report was real or not, said K. Kimberly McCleary, president of the CFIDS Association of America, the leading organization for people with chronic fatigue syndrome.