• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Studies with Gulf War Veterans: Jarred Younger (Birmingham, Alabama, USA)

Dolphin

(Birmingham, Alabama)

Gulf War Veterans needed!

We are looking for male veterans of the Persian Gulf War to participate in one or both of our ongoing research studies on Gulf War Illness.

If you know someone who was in the 1991 Persian Gulf War (Operation Desert Storm) and has unexplained pain or fatigue, please send this message along to them. Specifically, we are looking for those ages 39-65 who were present in the Persian Gulf between 1990-1991. We are also looking for men with Fibromyalgia to participate in our daily immune monitoring study (see below).

The purpose of our Daily Immune Monitoring Study is to help identify biomarkers in the blood of veterans with Gulf War Illness.

Our research involves daily blood draws and recording self-reported symptoms using a handheld electronic device.

The purpose of the Botanicals Study is to test nine anti-inflammatory botanical compounds (also called supplements) and their effects on Gulf War Illness.

For more information about these studies, please visit http://www.uab.edu/gwi. You may also call 205-530-3796 or email GWI@uab.edu for more information. Those interested in participating can fill out our online screening questionnaire for these studies. This can be accessed by clicking on this link: Online Screening Questionnaire. You may have to hold down your “Ctrl” button while clicking. You can also copy and paste this link into your browser: https://uab.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eRk8ChC3GkOIpQF. Please fill out this questionnaire if you are interested in the Gulf War studies even if you may have filled out one of our study questionnaires in the past.

Sincerely,

Jarred Younger, PhD
Director - Neuroinflammation, Pain and Fatigue Laboratory
Associate Professor, Department of Psychology
Associate Professor, Departments of Anesthesiology and Rheumatology May 8, 2017

*GG*

new biomarker on MRI brain to recognize people with Gulf war syndrome
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28634886

this is same case for civilian who received squalene adjuvant in other H1N1 flu vaccines

my MRI brain is identical, How to integrate an image into the post ?

In "posting" screen, you can use "upload a file" (bottom right), depending upon the File type though, we might not still be able to view it. Was there a "pic" in the link above? I did not see it.

GG

morse27

Here the MRI of a soldier with the gulf war syndrome condition after 25 years! with a healthy person, the arrow indicates the damaged area, its here precisely that I felt an intense pain, 11 days after the vaccine

Attachments

• gws brain.jpg
    gws brain.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 30
Holy damn, Morse, are those pics real?
That means that soldiers from the Gulf War have reduced cerebellum sizes and coordination disorders ??

morse27

All 1991 GWS / GWI gulf war soldiers in "desert storm" operation have this particular feature in the cerebellum and brain stem. symptoms are related to the damaged areas. first group having a damaged cerebellum and the second with the cerebellum and the brainstem (those with a very high heart rate at rest: 130 bpm). The known anomalies in medicine and the symptoms associated with the cerebellum are present on the soldiers. I have both afflictions and my MRI is below, since the beginning of the disease the state of the cerebellum does not degrade any more. , My health deteriorates very quickly every year. Gulf War Syndrome is not an exclusive disease only for soldiers, but can be contracted by anyone who was injected with vaccine squalene adjuvant, such as one of your compatriots from Quebec, mathieu houle of boucherville, who received an H1N1 flu vaccine AREPANRIX wich containing squalene also known GWS; Many doctors thought in quebec that he had "chronic fatigue syndrome" because this disease is near of the cfs / me, he ended his days at the end of 2014, his picture is on a wall of the "AQUEM," while he n Has never been reached of the CFS / ME! RIP Mathieu