• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Studies on Hydrogen Water and HRV Biofeedback Recruiting

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
I just saw this poster for two studies going on at Stony Brook University in case anyone might be interested. I had previously done a different home study with them and it was an easy and positive experience. Dr. Fred Friedberg is the principal investigator.

1658582389736.png

Last edited:

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
Oops! Yes, that's a typo; they really do seem to suck at making flyers :headslap:

But I first saw this flyer on Solve ME/CFS Initiative social media, and I don't think they'd pass along something that wasn't legit: https://www.facebook.com/SolveMECFSInitiative/photos/a.74987762107/10158796598652108

Also, like I said, I had done another study with this same group at Dr. Friedberg's lab at Stony Brook University a year or two ago. Because of my participation in that study I recently received the following e-mail about the hydrogen water study:

This note is to tell you that we are starting a new home-based treatment study and to ask if you would be interested in participating. The purpose of the study is to examine whether a technique called heart rhythm biofeedback and a specific over the counter supplement, hydrogen tablets, can improve the fatigue and other symptoms of chronic fatigue in people with chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). The study lasts 10 weeks and involves doing heart rhythm biofeedback and/or drinking hydrogen water and also completing online questionnaires and diaries.

Heart rhythm biofeedback has been shown to reduce fatigue in CFS in an earlier study. Initial studies have shown that hydrogen water may protect cells from damage that may be related to this ongoing illness. Hydrogen gas and water are generally regarded as safe, and lack toxicity even if consumed in high doses.

If you think you would be interested or would like further information, please respond to this email.

Best regards,
Fred
Fred Friedberg
Principal Investigator

Pyrrhus