• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Strange phenomenon - anybody ever experienced this?

seamyb

My partner has noticed that she can tell which glass of water is mine and which is her's, because my glass gets cloudy on the inside.

And sure enough, every time I have a glass of water, the glass becomes cloudy on the inside. Is this something anybody else has noticed (and possibly something to do with something in the saliva of those with ME) or is it just me?

Dan_USAAZ

My partner has noticed that she can tell which glass of water is mine and which is her's, because my glass gets cloudy on the inside.

And sure enough, every time I have a glass of water, the glass becomes cloudy on the inside. Is this something anybody else has noticed (and possibly something to do with something in the saliva of those with ME) or is it just me?

Candida overgrowth?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
A doctor of ours said that salivating excessively is a sign of dehydration.

Many of us with this disease drink a lot of liquid but it doesn't seem to get into the cells all that well. I feel perpetually dehydrated.

Saliva itself does tend to be cloudy.

Anyway, just a thought.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Is this something anybody else has noticed (and possibly something to do with something in the saliva of those with ME) or is it just me?
No, right there with you. I gav up trying t figure out what was causing it, I just assumed that everyone has a similar experience, if not as pronounced.
Could it be bacteria from you mouth getting into the water?
If that were the case, we'd all have it. The mouth is a bacterial litter box, with or without ME ....
Was hoping somebody would say "yes I had this, it was because my ME was a week away from being cured".
:D:D:D:D:lol::lol:

Will be checking back in the hope that there'll be a rush of members with this response ....