• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Steroids and Plasmapheresis

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
I'm really not sure if I posted this in the right section, but here goes anyway!

My question is; if my labwork is suggesting autoimmunity/autoinflammatory issues (high ESR, high CRP, AChR Antibodies, salivary protein 1 antibodies) then would it hurt to trial a week of steroids or PP? If it helps me, then it would give me q more clear picture if my symptoms are driven by autoimmunity or not.

Does this seem logical to anyone else or could steroids make me worse?

Last edited:

Learner1

What's driving your inflammation? Is it just autoimmunity, or is it something else, like an infection, mold, food allergies, etc.?

If it's just the autoimmunity, steroids can suppress immune activation. They can mask other problems as well, abd if you have an infection, they may be counterproductive.

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
What's driving your inflammation? Is it just autoimmunity, or is it something else, like an infection, mold, food allergies, etc.?

If it's just the autoimmunity, steroids can suppress immune activation. They can mask other problems as well, abd if you have an infection, they may be counterproductive.
We dont really know yet, we know that I tesyed positive for two autoantibodies, but I dont have active infections, I have been tested for CMV, EBV, HHV6, HSV, Varicella zoster... all of them show past infection but not current