Starting Raltegravir

omerbasket

jimbob, these are very good news to hear.
I hope you'll keep getting better. I guess the there are going to be some "downs" down the long road, but don't be discouraged by them. I hope that you'll have, like until now, much more "highs" than "downs".

Daffodil

jim...are you still doing ok?

i felt better for a while but today was AWFUL again.

i wish i knew what was going on.

:-/

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
Yes, I'm still doing O.K. and crossing my fingers and toes that it will continue. Tomorrow is a month since I started. Im sorry you're having a bad day, hope you bounce back quick. good wishes, Jim

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Arizona in winter & W. North America otherwise
Given my incredible sensitivity to even some supplements I've wondered as well how I could tolerate any major drugs. I wish someone could get a handle on that hypersensitivity issue - it doesn't seem to be get much interest in the research community - but it seems to me to be a key factor.

Good luck with the antiretrovirals. :)

silicon

Given my incredible sensitivity to even some supplements I've wondered as well how I could tolerate any major drugs. I wish someone could get a handle on that hypersensitivity issue - it doesn't seem to be get much interest in the research community - but it seems to me to be a key factor.

Good luck with the antiretrovirals. :)
And then there are those who are hypersensitive to the binders/fillers used in various medications and supplements (at least sometimes it may be possible to have a compounding pharmacy use alternative binders/fillers).

C

Cloud

I have always believed medication sensitivity to be a KEY factor because for me it was there from the very start; In the very beginning of the illness when it was thought I was just becoming depressed, I had severe medication intolerance problems. Also, it's the one and only symptom that has remained constant throughout my 17 years with ME/CFS.

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
what's odd is that I couldn't tolerate any high doses of antidepressants over the years, yet for a month now i've been doing 800mg a day of Ral and tolerating it so far. Go figure!

Gemini

what's odd is that I couldn't tolerate any high doses of antidepressants over the years, yet for a month now i've been doing 800mg a day of Ral and tolerating it so far. Go figure!
jimbob,

it could be because--
RAL is not metablolized by P450 enzymes,
antidepressants are.

and chronic infections, immune activation & cytokine exposure
dysregulate P450 enzymes.

ThePharmaLetter, October 22, 2007, excerpt:
Merck also reported data from a series of drug interaction studies, which demonstrated that no adjustment in Isentress dosage was required when co-administered with other antivirals. The firm added that its product is not metabolized by cytochrome P450 enzymes, and therefore has an extended therapeutic half-life.

Gemini

C

Cloud

I had hoped Ral was not metabolized via P450 which for me is obviously the route of metabolism that causes my medication intolerance issues. I hadn't yet looked this up......thanks for sharing.