• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

starting cycloferron

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi all,
I have just started cycloferron which is an immune modulator that appears similar to imunovir in that it improves nk function and has antiviral properties through inducing interferron. recent blood tests show when im not on antivirals (famvir) my nk cell function drops to a very low level and my cfs symptoms deteriorate. I think avs help keep my viral load down, so keep the work load down for nk cells. Im hoping using cycloferron with av's will show more improvement and hopefully one day might be able to come off av's and just use cycloferron which is alot more economical and hopefully addresses my immune abnormalities more directly. Will keep u all posted.

cheers!!!

http://portal1.democms.ru/resources/files/INSTRUCTION-for-Cycloferon-tablets.pdf

heapsreal

Hi Mike
you still doing well on valtrex? The av's do get pricey, why im hoping cycloferon works well as its alot cheaper treatment the av's.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

Its been about 6 hours since i took my first dose of cycloferon and i have abit of a fuzzy headache (2hrs after taking)which i dont normally get this early in the day, so maybe cyclo is doing something good i hope. Panadeine forte has helped with the headache. The dosage scheme is 2 tabs 2 days in a row, then every second day dosing, so will see if these symptoms dissappear on days i dont take cyclo, symptoms (die off)maybe short lived if its lowering viral load from increased nk function. Time will tell.

cheers!!

heapsreal

while im on an interferon inducer(cycloferon), i have been looking into the role of interferon on viruses. Interferon has antiviral properties and stimulated nk function and macrophages plus a few other immune functions. Something i came across which is interesting is that herpes infection like ebv, cmv etc have the ability to reduce interferon production in man thus keeping these viruses active in humans, by reducing interferon this would affect the function of our nk cells which appears to be common in cfs/me and this turns into a vicious cycle. So by enhancing our natural interferon production we can possibly overcome these viral infections and others. My understanding is that in europe cycloferon is in conjunction with av's to overcome herpes infections.

I think even though av's and arv's can help us with cfs i still think we need to look at getting our own immune systems functioning properly to really overcome these infections.

If anyone else has any experience with cycloferon or other interferon inducers or information on interferon in general i would appreciate your feed back.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

its only 3 days, but im feeling better, more mental clarity and stamina(have been fading by the end of the day but not last 2 days), keeping my fingers crossed as i know this illness is so up and down. I have had good improvement with avs but its a slow process, maybe its the combination with cyloferon. i have also only been back on famvir for 3 months so it could be from that, but this has come on a bit quick, mmm wait and see what happens. Maybe getting those lazy nk cells of their butts and working is helping beat this thing back some.

cheers!!!!

Hi Mike
you still doing well on valtrex? The av's do get pricey, why im hoping cycloferon works well as its alot cheaper treatment the av's.

cheers!!!

Yeah, still doing very well and seem to be slowly but surely on the improve.

Might take a while for cycloferron to work, make sure to keep us posted. With such a lack of real answers I feel we need to share all of our experiences with treatments.

heapsreal

its been 8 days on cycloferon and i still have good mental clarity and stamina, not needing that afteroon nanna lie down. No i just have to get rid of the chronic back problems and im laughin, lol. I just had a cortisone injection in my facet joints so my back pain should be reduced and i will start exercising abit again and see how i go in reguards to post exertional malaise etc, but have been handling work quite well. Definately feel theres something working. Also read that these types of meds(interferon inducers) can have anti-inflammatory effects against viral inflammatory cytokines. I know other are talking about using celebrex etc for inflammation with arv's but i cant see how they can effect viral inflammation, mmm, its all interesting.

cheers!!!

L'engle

moogle
Sounds like some improvement! Would you say the effects seem better so far than other medications (if it's possible to tell this early).

Good luck!

heapsreal

Famvir has improved me from a 5or6 to an 8 out of ten, with ups and downs if i do too much, my sleep is always medicated but adding cycloferon has given my an extra sudden boost, where av's i have found work in a slow and suttle way. I have gone from struggling to work part time 20hrs a week to now working full time. At the beginning of this year i changed avs from famvir to valtrex and went backwards, but prior to this i had used famvir for 12 months and i was probably an 8-9 out of ten. I have been back on famvir for about 3 months now. If using this regime brings my lymphocytes down into normal range, which i havent yet since i have been testing them, i will then do a trial without famvir and just use cycloferon and see how i go. The place i order cycloferon from, seem to have other very good immunomodulator meds which are used alot over in eastern europe for immunodefiencies and chronic infections which i may try but if cycloferon is doing it for me, i will stick with it. I have never used immunovir but the info i have read on cycloferon, it appears to work in a similar way but cost wise cycloferon is alot cheaper but i dont know if its more effective then immunovir but it maybe.

L'engle

moogle
I found where to order cycloferon at pharmacy1010. Not sure I trust an overseas site but there's no way to get a prescription so I guess it's one way or the other. Thank you for being the 'guinea pig'. I guess you need a px for Famvir? Glad to hear you are able to work, though I know working with this condition is no picnic!

heapsreal

l'engle, i get famvir at a local chemist, i have a pretty good doc who is up on the whole cfs thing, i have run all the treatments by him which he is ok with. and yes its a bit of a guinea pig thing, but i think thats the case with everything in reguards to cfs treatment. I have tried alot guinea pig experiments on my self and finally found whats working, plus my doc is keeping an eye on me with blood tests etc. it makes it hard as we are all at different stages of different illnesses and what works for one may not work for another, but if we can keep throwing up things that are helpful someone might get some help from it.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

i have just finished 20 tablet course of cycloferon which is 2 tabs every second day and will keep going with this. Im feeling quite good from this in combo with famvir(which i have cut my dose in half and just take 250mg a day). I have just finished my working week of 4x 10 hour shifts the last 2 were midnight finishes and was feeling good and then i worked an over time shift, night shift 7pm -7am and have recovered from that quite well. Im finding im recovering alot quicker and just globally feeling better. I was feeling a bit dusty after working a night shift but slept well last night and now on days off and feel like doing something today, not vegetate in bed all day which usually happens when on days off. Im attributing this to the cycloferon as before using this stuff i wouldnt have been recoverying this well.

cheers!!!

L'engle

moogle
Thanks for the update. Glad you are doing well! Just to clarify, you did buy the cycloferon from pharmacy1010?

heapsreal

Still seem to have good endurance, but not normal yet, but recently a cold went through the family and everyone got the runnynose, sore throat etc. I would normally get it and still have it and of cause miss a few days of work, but this didnt occur, so im putting this down to cycloferon, it is also used in europe for all types of viral infections including colds. I have just ordered some injectable forms as injections generally have increased blood levels of the product and hoping for maybe a more improved response. Also for me its more convenient as tablets need to be taken on an empty stomache. Injections are taken every second day, which i will do for 10 days then as its recommended for immunodefiencies i will then use it once every 5 days until i get sick of sticking my self with a needle, lol. Probably alternate between injections and tablets. Its a cheap product which has scientific back up compared to some of the questionable herbal stuff i have used to no real effect.

If anyone else is trying it i would be interested to know how u go as well as other here would be.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

My month trial of cycloferon i think was quite successful, i did notice i felt better on the days i used it as its only taken on alternate days and i was on half the dose of famvir im normally on and also survived a cold that went through the family. I finished the cycloferon about a week ago and about 5 days ago i started feeling abit ordinary, the next day glands were sore etc, my famvir dose was the same as when on cycloferon. I was going into a crash so i took a big dose of left over valtrex and continued valtrex for a few days which helped me avoid the crash. so i think the cycloferon was helping my immune system as i only crashed when i finished the cycloferon. Im yet to have a nk function test while on cycloferon , so unable to tell yet if its helping nk cells directly. Im still waiting on my next order of injectable cycloferon which i should be on when i have my next nk test.

heapsreal

Hi

I have been waiting for my next order of cycloferon to arrive and it finally came today. The last few days the brain fog has been getting to me. This order i ordered cycloferon injections, im not sure if its placebo or not but after a few hours i am feeling better, in reading about cycloferon it does say that it raises levels of interferon quite quickly, now i think it would take awhile before it would have an effect on infections/viral load etc but it also says it has ani-inflammatory effects through acting on cytokines etc so maybe im getting an initial effect from that, im just glad im feeling better, as i was about to right a blog on feeling crappy, lol, a good winge, lol. will keep u updated on how i go and yes the injections seem to work alot quicker then the tablets, maybe a combination of the 2 would be the go like start of with injections then cross over to tablets.

cheers!!!