• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stanford Work Mentioned as Possible Test for ME

Wishful

From New Atlas: https://newatlas.com/chronic-fatigue-blood-test-biomarker-stress-stanford/59461/

It talks about the blood test from Ron Davis' work as a potential test for ME. Nothing really new, but I thought I'd post the link in case someone out there needs to convince someone that ME is considered a real physiological disorder. Maybe they'll accept a mention in a public 'new innovations' site even if they refuse to accept medical journal articles.

Rufous McKinney

if they refuse to accept medical journal articles

I find all these newspaper and online newsy articles to be unacceptable. I would not hand them to anyone.

I would HAND THEM: Page one (if nothing else) of Davis et al. 2019. Instead of articles that lead over and over to the statement psychological and a misstatement of the history of this illness swarm.. The abstract, Intro/Literature Review and References. To all those studies. Not psychological.

Its misreporting. Or: it should be reported as: tons of evidence ME/CFS is an illness, but the decades that it was ignored for convenience. It saved so much money to ignore it, didn't it.?

Shoshana

Northern USA

Wishful

I find all these newspaper and online newsy articles to be unacceptable. I would not hand them to anyone.

I agree that it's not rational to trust mainstream news over professional journals, but humans frequently are not rational. I'm sure there are people who take news from the worst tabloids as truth, yet reject sources that really are more trustworthy. Some will accept news if they encounter it repeatedly in their favourite sources, even if those are bad tabloids or TV. I posted the link mainly for those who need to show ME news in a more mainstream source.

I think getting such stories in mainstream media will help with awareness of ME.

Rufous McKinney

I agree that it's not rational to trust mainstream news over professional journals

I guess I was thinking: what to wave in front of a Medical Doctor.

Not what do wave in front of: all other outside interested parties (whomever they are, I am still wondering myself).

Seven7

Seven
Until the UK ME charities deal with the health media center, and the lobbying of
The psy, we will not move forward as fast, they will die trying to sell their model, and they are coordinated media center helping. So until we get same or better strategy will be back to 0

Rufous McKinney

I think the best article and best info about this test

We should: use links to press releases and articles which are balanced and accurately report the research. We should kill off or not use links to articles which are mis-representing the research outcome here and are pushing the ROW, the FIGHT, the DISAGREEMENT. Not the science outcome, and implications.