• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stanford/OMF Community Symposium speaker list and free LIVESTREAM register!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

An exciting announcement-speakers for the 2018 Stanford Community Symposium and registration for the free livestream is now up-see below for details:

OMF%20End%20MECFS%20logo%20.jpg

OMF%20GTC%20CFSRC.png

Second Annual
COMMUNITY SYMPOSIUM
at Stanford University

We are pleased to announce the speakers for the Second Annual Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS at Stanford University sponsored by Open Medicine Foundation on Saturday, September 29.

The following researchers will be presenting: Ronald W. Davis, PhD, Maureen Hanson, PhD, Jonas Bergquist, MD, PhD, Wenzhong Xiao, PhD, Alain Moreau, PhD, Ronald G. Tompkins, MD, ScD, Jarred Younger, PhD, Oystein Fluge, MD, PhD, and Michael Sikora.

The Symposium will be live-streamed for free. Pre-registration is required.
Register today to watch the program via Livestream.

The event will begin at 9:00 AM Pacific Time and will conclude at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. Patients, parents, researchers, clinicians, family and friends are invited to register to watch all or part of the program from anywhere in the world. (Recordings will be available after the event too.)
Please register to watch the program via Livestream.

Please tell a friend - forward this announcement to share this unique experience with our worldwide community.

If you are able to join us in-person for the Symposium, please reserve your spot and register now.

For additional event details, please visit our website.

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH @marilynbsg

hmnr asg

I will be going there in person :) not sure how long I can last but im going to go sleep in my car during the lunch period. Hope to see some of you guys there!

@raghav Also disappointed that Dr Phair wont be there! I thought he would present his results by the end of the summer.

I will be going there in person :) not sure how long I can last but im going to go sleep in my car during the lunch period. Hope to see some of you guys there!

@raghav Also disappointed that Dr Phair wont be there! I thought he would present his results by the end of the summer.

He may be there and present to the scientists. I believe last year they had closed door presentations on day 1. Also, I’m sure Ron can easily explain anything that is ready for the public.

Sing

I am planning on going Saturday in person too and hope to be able to meet other patients. Haven’t posted on this forum too much lately but did in years past. As I am also moving from another state to the Bay Area just beforehand, I have a lot to do! Just trying to hang on—-

Murph

:)
Pleased to see Oystein Fluge on the list! I hope we get some good news from Norway this time. :gift:

I shan't be watching the whole thing live as it kicks off at 2am Melbourne time but I will catch what I can the next day.

hmnr asg

Can do that, although it will be live streamed, so really we can have a bunch of people contributing to a conversation in time with the presentations.
Depending on my PEM I will try do so. Unfortunately I doubt i can make it through the whole thing before crashing hard. However , afterwards I will surely try to contribute to that thread.
Maybe someone should start that thread and we all discuss what we think including the ones who saw it remotely.

Sing

Can do that, although it will be live streamed, so really we can have a bunch of people contributing to a conversation in time with the presentations.

Relieved that you volunteered, @Diwi9. I have gotten so it is really tough to take notes because of the speed involved of hearing, comprehension, discrimination of key points, translation into notes, spelling and handwriting. I used to be excellent at all that prior to this condtion, but now you should see my attempts at spelling when flying at the speed of a lecture.

Having said that, I get it that we wouldn’t be expected to take notes on everything but on impressions that might not be relayed by the livestream.

Paying attention most of a day starting at an early hour will be strenuous, and not having much of a science background won’t make it easier, but nevertheless,

I am so excited about the chance to see the presenters and other patients at the conference, it is going to be really special!

Diwi9

Administrator
Relieved that you volunteered, @Diwi9. I have gotten so it is really tough to take notes because of the speed involved of hearing, comprehension, discrimination of key points, translation into notes, spelling and handwriting. I used to be excellent at all that prior to this condtion, but now you should see my attempts at spelling when flying at the speed of a lecture.

Having said that, I get it that we wouldn’t be expected to take notes on everything but on impressions that might not be relayed by the livestream.

Paying attention most of a day starting at an early hour will be strenuous, and not having much of a science background won’t make it easier, but nevertheless,

I am so excited about the chance to see the presenters and other patients at the conference, it is going to be really special!
I'm with you all the way on this post @Sing...and will do the best I can. On good days, I can sometimes exceed my own expectations, but staying cognitively focussed all day will likely not be possible for me...even on a great day. I will be there with my husband, so that will help...but very excited to know we'll have @Learner1 there too! Looking forwarding to meeting some of you in person.

Gemini

Relieved that you volunteered, @Diwi9. I have gotten so it is really tough to take notes because of the speed involved of hearing, comprehension, discrimination of key points, translation into notes, spelling and handwriting. I used to be excellent at all that prior to this condition...
Copy that @Sing!

Appreciate you're going to the Symposium. Looking forward to your posts.