SSA antibody: more sensitive test available


Senior Member
Northern California
Hi, Comrades,

You are probably all familiar with the Sjogrens Syndrome antibody testing for SSA (anti-Ro) and SSB (anti-La).

A doctor recently informed me of a test that looks for two different sub-units of anti-Ro (Ro 52 and Ro 60).

This was news to me, so I thought I'd share before I forget!

The bad news is, in the United States, this test is only available at ARUP labs in Salt Lake City, UT. So, you have to make a bunch of calls to find a local lab that is contracted with ARUP and will send your blood there.

Here's a link to the test name and test number.