• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Spironolactone usage

Marylib

I was always bad with progesterone...
I had menopause in 2019 at age 52, and tried Tibolone and I'm still on it.

Yeah..well, I hit menopause by mid-40's 20 years ago, so I feel your pain. Chances are good my GP will be as hesitant with Tibolone as she is with oestrogen. I'm reading about it on the Australian menopause.org site that she recommended. But she might go for it. My sisters and I were talking about how in the old days, they seemed to be glad to remove your uterus for you for no good reason at all, but not anymore. So it's the endometrium my GP is concerned about, plus all the other stuff. Glad it helps you @pattismith

pattismith

Yeah..well, I hit menopause by mid-40's 20 years ago, so I feel your pain. Chances are good my GP will be as hesitant with Tibolone as she is with oestrogen. I'm reading about it on the Australian menopause.org site that she recommended. But she might go for it. My sisters and I were talking about how in the old days, they seemed to be glad to remove your uterus for you for no good reason at all, but not anymore. So it's the endometrium my GP is concerned about, plus all the other stuff. Glad it helps you @pattismith

My doc was reluctant to give me a prescription for it, but as I was feeling well on it, she finally agreed. She warned me I will have bleeding, and indeed she was right. So when it happened, I stopped some days and started again, trying half tablets, or adding some oestrogens creams..

Now I am close to 1 year under Tibolone without any bleeding, so it seems my body got used to it...