• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Speak another language? Project ENOUGH!!! needs you!

awol

Hello,

We are now looking for volunteers for team 6 of Project ENOUGH!!! The more languages represented on the team, the more PWME get reached!

Let us know if you are up for a bit of translation work.

awol

I know this is an international crowd! The more people, the less work, so please sign up!

Tuha

If you will not find anyone maybe i can try to translate to french. but it depends on how perfect the translation must be because my french is good (much better than english :) but not perfect. so if you want to translate medical text or something too difficult maybe there can be a lot of mistakes. i think on this forum are some french, quebec, belgien or switzerland people who could do it much better but how i said if you will not find anyone i can try

awol

Thanks Tuha!

That would be fantastic. Don't worry. In french you would not be alone.

Nina

You can sign me up for German. Right now I'm too sick to do anything but I might be up to do some smaller translations at a later stage or provide some contacts who would fill in.

Thanks.

awol

Thanks Nina!

aruschima may help in German too. Still trying to reach her on that.

I'll try with Italian (lived in Italy for 13 years)....but it's so tiring...I might crash every now and then and have to disappear.

awol

Wonderful! I am pretty sure there is at least one more keen Italian speaker out there, although they have not yet been in touch.

*GG*

Is this for "speaking" purposes or for translation of writing? My first language was French, but that seems like a real long time ago! Perhaps I could sub it out to some french relatives?

awol

Hello ggigues,

Eventually there will be a bit of translation work (media letters etc.) but for the moment the idea is simply to form stronger links with other groups of patients, and to use them to share important information.

awol

Hi all,

The more languages the better! Any Spanish speakers out there? Japanese? Arabic? More Italians? Portuguese?

awol

Thanks Rafael.

For now we are looking for people who can reach out to patient organizations. There is nothing to translate, just research to find out which organizations exist for people who speak your language, and then coordination with the rest of the outreach team to figure out what we want to communicate to them. The team list is available on the Project ENOUGH!! sticky on the other forum.