• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sore throat & enlarged glands with stress

Does anyone else have this? I had a stressful conversation with a friend the other day and a few hours later my glands swelled up in my neck and my throat was incredibly sore. This has been happening since I had glandular fever last year. If I’m overstressed or overactive the symptoms creep up on me again.. swollen neck glands that are tender, red throat that’s mildly sore and I immediately need to lay down & rest.

Seadragon

@Melissa89 Had this at the beginning of my illness which followed Glandular Fever.

I second what the others said - really so important to rest as much as you can at this stage (particularly when you are experiencing a flare of these symptoms which is a sign of immune activation) to allow yourself the best chance of recovery.

Rufous McKinney

This is a Primary symptom for me...(except the tinnitis I notice is coming on firstly). PEM related..

If I chat, I will become severely and painfully hoarse, like laryngitis- and its quite awful. Like lunch, or have coffee..with a friend. Its very painful.

My husband is not hearing well, and I am mumbling and hoarse so we are having Loads of Fun communicating at the moment. Can I NOT HAVE TO REPEAT that again, and talk even louder because IT HURTS.

the glands inflaming- that also happens for me, when I get more run down or PEM. I typically feel very Mono-like when I'm run down....like your just full of a slog of white blood cells bogging down the whole body.