• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solve M.E. Partners with International Collaborative on Australian Biobank & Registry

Emily Taylor

SOLVE_ME.png

$1 million Grant Awarded for
Australian Biobank and Registry

Solve M.E. is delighted to congratulate our partners at Emerge Australia and La Trobe University for their $1 million grant from philanthropic trust the Mason Foundation to establish the first Australian ME/CFS Biobank and patient registry! The biobank will enable a collaborative research project spanning multiple institutions and create a rich repository for future research.

We are honored to be co-investigators on this grant, alongside our collaborators at UK ME Biobank (UKMEB), led by the CureME team, and other dedicated partners. Collectively we are committed to developing a unified, global approach to ME/CFS research.

As many of you know, we have been developing a symptom tracking app that will enable patients to register and track their symptoms on an ongoing basis. This will allow researchers to access standardised, anonymous information about patients’ symptoms, which can be analysed for a more detailed understanding of the condition and how symptoms change over time. The app, along with other web-based tools and established infrastructure from the UKMEB, will be a key component of the Australian biobank and registry.

We are excited by the potential for this project to accelerate ME/CFS research around the world!

Read more about Emerge, La Trobe and the $1 million grant from the Mason Foundation in the Sydney Morning Herald.

image001_min.png