• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sleeping with an Eye Open?

Carrigon

Last night, I seemed to have slept with my right eye open, and it's not the first time. Now I've got the dry eye and it's awful. Has anyone else found they sleep with an eye open? I'm told it's neurological and probably related to this disease. And definitely not something I can control. It's just so odd.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Carrigon. I dont know if this is similar, but sometimes when i am in bed and i am having really bad eye/face pain i cannot seem to close my eye properly and seem to doze off with it half open. Although i think mine closes properly once i am more asleep.

I never really thought before that others might have it as part of M.E. We seem to have so many strange and diverse symptoms that its sometimes hard for me to keep up with them all. I guess most of the time i just presume i am a strange, sensitive, neurotic freak and leave it at that without questioning

I am sorry you have suffered with this. Dry eye is horrible - if it happens again you could get some liquid tears to helpwith the dry eye.