• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Simple test to check immune system function

Sundancer

But even herbal medicines haven't helped me at all these last few months.

sorry for you, it is a search for what your body needs. that can be things to take, and also things you have to give a wide berth.

has taken me much time to come from bedbound to housebound and brain functioning somewhat better, I now know which interventions were not OK for me, and what I should have done much earlier.

Would that there were real doctors to help us with this search, instead of guys telling us we should not do diet and not take supplements....

Learner1

Diet and supplements are definitely helpful, especially with all of the metabolomics info that's emerged.

Yes, I find I have to read some things many times to totally assimilate the information.

I have read several of Maes' and Morris' papers and have found other works (and my own labs) to support what they are saying.

Perhaps it's his colleagues in Holland who are the problem?

Sundancer

Perhaps it's his colleagues in Holland who are the problem?

yep, so it is.
but we lost Maes, Vermeulen is not allowed to practice anymore

The only doctor we have left that really cares for ME patients and has knowledge is watchacall it...inspection is sticking nose in his practice after he prevented a youngster with ME to be removed from home, bed and care of parents... He has a lawyer now, we don't know where this will end.

they do not want us to get well really, they want us to shut up.
They want us to be nutcases and their actions go a big way to makes us that.

I would like to have mitochondrial tests and cytokines tested. Won't happen of course....
that would be proof that I'm ill, that's all what I want realy, objective something that proves that I'm ill.

I do not have a medical history either ( except for gutproblems that is, but those were " all in my head" I do have a history of severe depression though, I find that makes it even harder to be taken serious...)

Oh but you are depressed, well, I'm not ( happily) and I now damn well how that feels so when i say I'm not, I would much like to be believed.

My issues seem to stem from gut problems too. If I remember right, it seems to be how it started.

Mary

Moderator Resource
But I know that my immune-system is off...no need for testing, my body tells me clear enough,
and as long as there is no cure for that... I'll struggle along with curcumin and elderberry,
@Sundancer - have you ever tried andrographis? It's been a miracle herb for me. I get sick every time I crash and it used to take me 2 weeks or so to recover by which time I would have crashed again at least once, it was endless, I was sick almost all the time in addition to crashing etc. And then I discovered andrographis.

It helped my otherwise healthy sister with a very nasty sinus infection which 2 courses of antibiotics could not fix. But the andrographis worked in about 3 days - it was amazing, literally, so I bought some and have been taking it ever since. I get much less sick and recover much more quickly. It's an immune modulator and also helps knock out pathogens so I will take it regularly low dose (1 or 2 a day) for a week or so, and then stop for several days and then go back on it, taking it prophylactically. When I do actually get sick I'll bump up the dose to 2 or 3, and also add in echinacea/goldenseal and it works like a charm within a few days. This is what I take. I've lost track of how long I've been taking it, 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 years, but I won't be without it.

Sundancer

I've bookmarked it.
Not sure yet, there are so many things I take already. And things that I want to try. Goes slow, one by one. Just titrated up methylcob. Seems to go reasonably well. Now on 3 mg, I want to go up to 5 and then change to injections ( if I can find someone to prescribe em for me that is)

and have two probiotics on the shelf to try.

sometimes I'm so fed up with all those pills, but i was doing well and hopefully I'll pick up were I was some weeks ago. The worst is over happily, but sleep is still bad. I was so happy that my sleep was normalizing.

it feels like body has detoxing problems.

Sundancer

have you ever tried andrographis? It's been a miracle herb for me. I get sick every time I crash and it used to take me 2 weeks or so to recover by which time I would have crashed again at least once, it was endless, I was sick almost all the time in addition to crashing etc. And then I discovered andrographis.

well, I've been looking at it and will try, not your brand though....I have much problem with pills, capsules go down easily so I'll buy this one
https://nl.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Andrographis-Extract-400-mg-90-Veg-Capsules/21322
and see what it does for me.

I do't know whether it is the same virus, or maybe gotten a cold. But i've had 1 day that I felt like, yes, from now on going upward, and then bam, down again. With green snot and very dark stools and laying awake half of the night sweating and feeling awful.

thanks for the tip!