• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

shakes when not enough light, maybe flashes when too much? how to find the middle ground?

bensmith

I've needed enough light not to get those vibrations feelings, which also end up causing disassociation. but not too much light as it worsens my general cfs state. I think they might overlap each other at present. The didn't until last night, when i started seeing flashing lights. I have ativan, maybe instaed of klonopin I could try that? Other ideas on how to create that space in between not enough and too much light?

I wear a mask but thats when i shake because not enough light. if I lay in bed with eyes closed I get flashes. if I keep my eyes open it's ok but i think that aggrivates my general cfs.

I'll prob try a benzo but i hate the way they make me feel, so dark.

Maybe I could try sleeping with a lot of light?

I wake up shaking if I don't find the balance. really annoying development, I felt like yesteraday was my first "good" day.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Are you sure some of this isn't caused by a medication? I think I have heard that about Klonopin which is a Benzo according to the Drugs.com

I can't find it now but I remember that with benzo withdrawl you can have a feeling of zapping going through your body and maybe that's similar to those vibration feelings you're having.

I would check with your doctor but also find a group online that talks about benzo withdrawl to see if something like that is happening to others as well.

I know, you didn't mention withdrawls but that is where I remember reading about some of these things and only mentioned that because some of the things you describe seem similar. Perhaps the drug is wearing off when you experience these issues. https://www.benzofree.org/info/symptoms/

bensmith

@Judee thanks I hadn't considered this. I only took it for like 10 days maybe, probably less. and only half a pill most days. i guess this could be it though? never taken it before those 10 days, I really hate them they make me really sick in the head.

i guess that def is possible though, it's crazy thinking it could give me withdrawels so fast.