• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medical Sexism In Healthcare Is Real … Women Are Sharing Times They Were Misdiagnosed Because Their Doctors Didn't Take Them Seriously

Rufous McKinney

the second one was quite interested in the things I shared, but seemed to have limited access to recent research

clearly there are huge differences between individual practitioners...in TCM....Mostly, I've had experience wiht a grand total of TWO. Each as different as could be. (in the U.S.)

Their training is not that tied into "recent research" since the basic protocols were developed a very long time ago.

My practioner is pretty knowledgeable about the general things people get, that lead them to show up at his office begging for a cure.

I am on a maintenance dose of herbs, and don't see my practioner often any longer. I know alot more about the actual physiology of all this, than I did at the time I would show up in person and debate symptoms....a few years ago.

Like now I better understand that blood stagnation (TCM symptom) includes all the varied things we experience..

and when I got elbow bursitis: that was interesting as nobody can explain THAT.

YippeeKi YOW !!

This article was originally posted by @wabi sabi today (WE, 12-14-22), but unfortunately, at least when I clicked on the link, it was behind a pay wall :aghhh::aghhh::aghhh: :grumpy::grumpy:.

So I'm posting the Yahoo version of the same article, with grateful thanks to @wabi sabi for the original post.

As an added bonus, the comments on it are really worth reading ...

From heart disease to IUDs: How doctors dismiss women's pain
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/heart-disease-iuds-doctors-dismiss-181223544.html

YippeeKi YOW !!

PS .... I tried the orginal article a second time, and this time there was a work-around offered it wasnt there the first time, honest) that allowed you to read the article with a large banner at the bottom, hoping that you'll subscribe ..... I offer it as an option, but I still recommend the comments on the Yahoo! version and again, thanks to @wabi-sabi for posting this originally ....

From heart disease to IUDs: How doctors dismiss women’s pain
https://www.washingtonpost.com/well...ias-doctors/?itid=hp-top-table-main_p001_f003

YippeeKi YOW !!

SOME NEW ENTRIES IN OUR 'WORST DIAGNOSTICIANS OF THE YEAR' CONTEST ....

5 women whose symptoms like stomach pain and headaches turned out to be stage 4 cancer
https://www.yahoo.com/news/5-women-whose-symptoms-stomach-110000847.html

Delayed cancer diagnoses and what patients wished they or their clinicians had done differently to catch it sooner. Here are five of their stories.

3 women with cancer who were dismissed by doctors for being 'too young'
https://news.yahoo.com/3-women-cancer-were-dismissed-150000420.html

Ashley Teague – clinicians dismissed her symptoms as irritable bowel syndrome, telling the 28-year-old photographer and mom in Indianapolis that she "looked healthy" and was "too young" for a colonoscopy.

Katie Coleman — eight doctors dismissed her complaints as anxiety, and put her on anti-anxiety medication. "Two doctors told me I was too young for cancer when I asked. It made me feel like a hypochondriac,"

Chloe Girardier — she was given antibiotics, inhalers, and acid reflux tablets, but her symptoms didn't change. Girardier started losing weight, too. After five months and seven doctors appointments, Girardier said she insisted on a chest X-ray. The scan revealed a 4.25-inch mass in her chest that turned out to be Hodgkin's lymphoma.