• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Severe post Lyme ME/CFS patient achieves full remission after Taymount FMT

Wayne

I was diagnosed with Lyme about 10 years ago, and was faced with the choice of whether or not to go the antibiotic route. I looked extensively at the many pros and cons, and came to the conclusion the risk/reward ratio wasn't all that good, especially for me. Gven my depleted state, I thought it might even kill me.

I don't know how KDM proposes antibiotic use for his patients, but if he's insistent or adamant about it, I would find fault with that. From what I've been able to gather, that seems unlikely. If he thoroughly explained the pros and cons, I would respect him for that approach. Admittedly, I don't know that much about how KDM interacts with his patients. It does sound to me however that he's got his patients' best interests at heart. But it's possible some of his recommendations are not ones I would follow through on. -- So will stay neutral for now.