• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Severe ME/CFS Homebound Study

trishrhymes

I guess part of the study includes using some sort of hospital based equipment like scanners. Even then, theoretically this could be arranged at the patient's local hospital. But I guess that would be very costly.

AndyPR

Dr Klimas clinic is doing a study on those severely affected and are homebound. Must be able to travel to Florida for at least one visit.
Precious G. Leaks-Gutierrez, MBA
Clinical Research Project Coordinator
Nova Southeastern University
Institute for Neuro Immune Medicine
8501 SW 124TH Ave, Suite 111
Miami, FL 33183
305-275-5450
Is there a link to more details? I've tried Google but couldn't find anything.

Neunistiva

@AndyPR I think I've found it:

"Homebound Study:

We are currently enrolling patients diagnosed with ME/CFS or Post-Infective Fatigue (PIF) that are unable to leave their homes for office visits without severe consequences. Eligible particpants must be between the ages of 18 and 70 years of aged and diagnosed with their illness prior to age 62.

For more information, please contact Precious Leaks-Gutierrez at 305.275.5450 or email INIMresearch@nova.edu with the subject "Homebound Study"
"

http://www.nova.edu/nim/research/research-studies.html

AndyPR

@AndyPR I think I've found it:

"Homebound Study:

We are currently enrolling patients diagnosed with ME/CFS or Post-Infective Fatigue (PIF) that are unable to leave their homes for office visits without severe consequences. Eligible particpants must be between the ages of 18 and 70 years of aged and diagnosed with their illness prior to age 62.

For more information, please contact Precious Leaks-Gutierrez at 305.275.5450 or email INIMresearch@nova.edu with the subject "Homebound Study"
"

http://www.nova.edu/nim/research/research-studies.html
Looks like it, good find. Doesn't make any mention of travelling to Florida though, which would seem to make more sense to me.