• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Seniors with ME

Starsister

Not sure if anyone will see this, but I wanted to share that ME Action has started a Facebook page for seniors with ME. There are special issues that we face as seniors with ME and I think it will be helpful. I discovered a variety of subgroups through the ME Action.net website so I encourage folks to check it out. I don't care for the format of Facebook, but I've found it nice to have groups for special discussions. I'm also referring lots of folks over here as well, as this format is so much more user friendly, not to mention the wonderful folks and serious intelligent medical discussions..:) @Sushi ...do you know of a better way to get word out on PR about the special interest groups through MEAction? For some reason the LGBT group on here hasn't been active since I've joined, and I haven't seen a Seniors group here, so maybe the Facebook groups work better for these very specific issue groups.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
do you know of a better way to get word out on PR about the special interest groups through MEAction?
If you can think of a specific title and give a link to the page on ME Action, I could make this post the start of a thread and move it to Lifestyle management or Resources. These are public sections of the forum whereas this is Members' Only.

Starsister

If you can think of a specific title and give a link to the page on ME Action, I could make this post the start of a thread and move it to Lifestyle management or Resources. These are public sections of the forum whereas this is Members' Only.
I knew you'd have the right idea! Yes, it needs to go on the public place as well. Title like " Seniors with ME" ? I'm so dense I don't know how to make a link to ME Action page though. When I mentioned MEAction.net on a Facebook page the other day though, the link just magically popped up after my post. Magic to me anyway. :( I told the guy starting the group to include PR in his postings on other groups but he asked me to do it.I'm surprised so many on FB ME pages don't seem to know of PR. We need more cross pollination.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Starsister As you see, I have made a new thread for this. Here is a link to the MEAction Facebook page that lists the group Seniors with ME. I can't make a direct link because you have to join the group but scroll down about 3/4ths of the way down the page and you will see the group listed.