• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Selenium working for me

Selenium is working really, really well... particularly on any swollen lymph nodes I have had for many years & I’ve noticed a drastic improvement in my overall energy. I told my doctor this and he immediately ran bloods for my thyroid - t3, t4, reverse t3 and thyroid antibodies.

Could my thyroid have been the issue all along?! I don’t understand why it was never directly checked. The selenium effect kicked in at about day 3 of taking the supplement and the improvement was drastic.

can anyone shed some light on this please?

please check in when your blood test comes back. it will be interesting to see if it was a thyroid problem. what else is selenium good for. dont want to start taking it, if it might upset other stuff.

thanks for sharing that.
joanie

splusholia

Selenium is working really, really well... particularly on any swollen lymph nodes I have had for many years & I’ve noticed a drastic improvement in my overall energy. I told my doctor this and he immediately ran bloods for my thyroid - t3, t4, reverse t3 and thyroid antibodies.

Could my thyroid have been the issue all along?! I don’t understand why it was never directly checked. The selenium effect kicked in at about day 3 of taking the supplement and the improvement was drastic.

can anyone shed some light on this please?

Which type do you take?