• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SCMI May 24, 2018 Webinar--Dr. Komaroff

Gemini

webinar.jpg

Next webinar: Thursday May 24th with Dr. Komaroff
The Solve ME/CFS Initiative (SMCI) is pleased to announce the return of our popular webinar series for 2018 with “Hot Areas in ME/CFS Research: 2018presented by Anthony L. Komaroff, MD, Simcox-Clifford-Higby Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Senior Physician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

With increased momentum in research over the past two years, this webinar is a timely update to his popular presentation from our 2016 series that addressed current understanding of the role of various systems – including the brain, energy metabolism, genes, and immune system – in the pathophysiology of ME/CFS.

Last edited:

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
webinar.jpg

Next webinar: Thursday May 24th with Dr. Komaroff
The Solve ME/CFS Initiative (SMCI) is pleased to announce the return of our popular webinar series for 2018 with “Hot Areas in ME/CFS Research: 2018presented by Anthony L. Komaroff, MD, Simcox-Clifford-Higby Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Senior Physician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

With increased momentum in research over the past two years, this webinar is a timely update to his popular presentation from our 2016 series that addressed current understanding of the role of various systems – including the brain, energy metabolism, genes, and immune system – in the pathophysiology of ME/CFS.
Thanks! I will spread it around

Sing

1-2pm, EST

He is so good at summarizing, I am really looking forward to it. At the same time he is conservative—which is sometimes a little frustrating for patients like me. He has a comprehensive knowledge of the history of this field and a lot of clinical experience, so is very good at evaluating and placing new findings and directions in context, but he won’t jump to conclusions and assert anything as definitely so, ahead of the scientific findings. This keeps him respectable at Harvard and within the medical field as a whole—which is good for us—but I sometimes have wished he would stick his neck out a little bit farther.

We’ll see where he takes this talk!