• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Scientists Find a Natural Protein That Stops Allergies And Autoimmune Conditions

Wishful

I think PEA is unrelated, but Google is matching the closest ads it has for neurological disorders.

Neuritin isn't just an immunomodulator.

"Neuritin has several effects in the nervous system, such as promoting neurite outgrowth, modulating neurite outgrowth during neuronal differentiation, protecting motor neuron axons, promoting dendritic growth, shaping dendritic arbors of target neurons, regulating synaptic plasticity, stabilizing active synapses, promoting synaptic maturation and neuronal migration, promoting the development and maturation of visual cortical neurons, regulating apoptosis of proliferative neurons, and regenerating peripheral nerve and spinal axons."

Maybe ME alters the amount of neuritin in our brains, altering neural functions? It seems a good candidate for measuring in PWME vs controls.

Wishful

Simple experiment (assuming neuritin is available for human use): give a PWME an injection and see if their symptoms decrease. If it works, it deserves funding for a proper study. Skip spending millions on studying whether it's theoretically worth trying on animal and then human subjects.