• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Savella combined with wellbutrin sr

hensue

I have taken wellbutrin sr 150 mg twice a day for 10 years has help the pain of fibro and increased energy.
I am having break through pain and the doc gave me a sample pack of savella today.

I am on high blood pressure med due to the wellbutrin. The doc was in a hurry and did not check the combination of the two.

He said he had some good results with the savella and some had not done so well.

Any ideas?? All of you help please??

I just do not want to have a seizure or stroke. The doc also said the savella will give you energy.
Any takers any thoughts??
I am very limited on pain meds.
If anyone knows about these two combos please let me know. I know most of you are brains and my husband is tired of me being on internet coming up with nothing.

Thanks a bunch!
Take care
Susie:Retro smile:

BEG

Hi hensue,

Wellbutrin increases dopamine. It's often called the stop-smoking drug, too. Dopamine is a "happy feeling" transmitter. It should help you feel more energetic and happy. On the other hand, Savella is an SNRI, seratonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Seratonin is soothing and norepinephrine is another energy type transmitter. It's supposed to work on pain.

I've tried wellbutrin several times without success. It made me wired but tired. Also, I took Cymbalta (Savella wasn't on the market yet) for pain. It worked.

I'm afraid I absolutely can't speak to your question about taking them in combination. I advise you to call a pharmacist or your doctor's office. I don't hesitate to call even if I feel the question is silly. But yours is not, I assure you. Good luck. Let us know.

BEG.

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Susie,

I can't speak to the combination but BE-G's advice is good. I trust the interaction checker at drugs.com as much as would trust any non-human advice.

Especially since BP is a concern you should know that reports about increased heart rate are pretty common on savella. I had problems with flushing and sweating at the lowest titration-pack dosage. Heat intolerance is one of my bigger enemies so I had to discontinue quickly.

Proceed with caution, but the ~25% (anecdotal) that are helped with Savella are pretty happy.

Otis

serenity

i am on Lexapro which seems to help & have a trial pack of Savella in my med cabinet but haven't tried it. sorry i can't help but i will watch this thread with interest.