• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sam Stosur...Lyme in 2007

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Congrats to Sam, she really is an unassuming, down to earth person, well deserving of the win, after her comeback. Ironically, the Australian authorities deny the existence of Lyme in Australia, despite three studies showing it exists. Sam doesn't know where she contracted the disease. it could have even been in Australia. It's a pity she couldn't identify Australia as the source - would have helped a lot of people over here.

undcvr

I follow tennis too and many pple don't know that Roger Federer's mono was caused by CMV and that he is still suffering the effects from it. He still has low grade CFS since his mono and I know that he is not on a strong AV cause he had kids a few years ago.

Justin Henine also had CMV that forced her out.

Venus Williams has Sjorgen's Syndrome that some believe is caused by a virus.

These are all pple that push their immune system to the limit day in and day out.

kday

I follow tennis too and many pple don't know that Roger Federer's mono was caused by CMV and that he is still suffering the effects from it. He still has low grade CFS since his mono and I know that he is not on a strong AV cause he had kids a few years ago.

These are all pple that push their immune system to the limit day in and day out.

According to Wikipeida:

At the start of the 2004 spring clay court season, Henin's health was adversely affected by infection with a strain of cytomegalovirus and an immune system problem. She often slept up to 18 hours a day and barely had the strength to brush her teeth, let alone play competitive tennis.

What is that immune system problem? It doesn't appear she ever fully recovered. We sure could have used an advocate.

Francelle

I don't quite understand undcvr! I thought that Mononucleosis/Glandular fever was caused by EBV (Epstein Bar Virus) not CMV (Cytomegalovirus)! They are both viruses but they have different effects.

I agree about these sports people pushing their immune systems to the limit though. I have seen it numerous times with marathon runners and conditions like Addisons Disease and other autoimmune conditions.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I don't quite understand undcvr! I thought that Mononucleosis/Glandular fever was caused by EBV (Epstein Bar Virus) not CMV (Cytomegalovirus)! They are both viruses but they have different effects.

I agree about these sports people pushing their immune systems to the limit though. I have seen it numerous times with marathon runners and conditions like Addisons Disease and other autoimmune conditions.
Mono can be caused by ebv and another form of mono from cmv and probably other viruses out there too.

*GG*

I thought mono was caused by EBV (epstein barr virus), not CMV?

GG

undcvr

The same symptom, mono can be caused by a few kinds of bacteria and viruses. Most of these pathogens seem to be linked to CFS in the long run too if you don't catch it and treat it quickly enuf.