• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ron Davis interviewed on New Zealand Radio

Wally

Thank you @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) for posting this interview and for giving of your very precious time to the Phoenix Rising community and to the Open Medicine Foundation. Also, a super HUGE thank you to Ron for all the work he is doing to try to solve this illness,

A big shout out and hug to Ashley for all she has given to help fight for her brother and other patients (that she will probably never meet) and the support she has given to her Mom and Dad, so they can fight for all of us who have been touched by this illness..

Last but not least a HUGE, HUGE thank you to Whitney for being so brave and yet so vulnerable to show the world the reality and seriousness of this illness. Your strength to keep fighting to find a way through this illness is truly remarkable and you are a hero to so many patients that struggle to hold on to believing that a solution to this illness is moving closer everyday to the end goal. If Whitney can have faith in his Dad’s talents and drive to help solve this illness, then so can I !!! 🤓🔬🦠💞

Thank you will never come close to expressing how much your family’s contribution to moving this illness farther out into the light has done for this community, but for now I hope these words will be a small gift to let you know your efforts are truly appreciated. 💐🌺🌻🌸🌹

P.S. This recording of Ron Davis being interviewed is very much worth a listen. Really appreciated his thoughts about where he believes treatment of this illness could end up. (Interview at minute marker 5:25, Ron states the following - “I believe this illness is curable . . . there have been a few patients that have gotten over and it and when you examine them they look totally normal and it hasn’t caused them any obvious permanent damage, so I am optimistic that we can cure this disease.”)

Donations to Open Medicine Foundation can be made here - https://www.omf.ngo/ways-to-donate/

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

Thanks to Ron for giving a shout out to PR during this interview too!

Excellent interview and I also loved the shout out to PR! I also appreciated that Dr. Davis said that a large percentage of patients also have MCAS and other co-morbid symptoms/conditions that can be treated. His interviews are always very hopeful to me b/c I know that he will never stop fighting until the answers are found.

starlily88

Thank you @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) for posting this interview and for giving of your very precious time to the Phoenix Rising community and to the Open Medicine Foundation. Also, a super HUGE thank you to Ron for all the work he is doing to try to solve this illness,

Thanks to Janet Dafoe for posting Dr. Ron's interview. Nice to know he has found a genetic mutation in all 66 CFS patients tested. Thank you to Dr. Ron for all his work, and all his efforts to put ME/CFS on the map.