• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ron Davis Hair Analysis (HTMA)

Does your hair and mineral analysis show low manganese, copper and selenium?

• Yes - for all three

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Yes to two

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Yes to one

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No to all three.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Oliver3

Thank you for the video! I'm reading all about the RCP and I must say it does make sense!

May I ask if you still take copper, and why did you start taking copper as a supplement instead of just take it from foods as Morley recommends?
I'm taking coper supplements and I can't do blood donation here in the UK.
I have to say the blood donation part struck a chord with me as I've always felt better after a blood draw.
I wish I could implement the protocol as intended. But topical magnesium has helped once I got my adrenals stabilised a bit.
I think it makes a lot sense, his protocol.
But to answer your question, just started copper support

Oliver3

Thank you for the video! I'm reading all about the RCP and I must say it does make sense!

May I ask if you still take copper, and why did you start taking copper as a supplement instead of just take it from foods as Morley recommends?
I think it makes sense for the connective tissue aspect of CFS

Artemisia

Ray Peat says a toenail analysis would be better than an HTMA because of all the environmental exposure our hair has.

caledonia

Ray Peat says a toenail analysis would be better than an HTMA because of all the environmental exposure our hair has.

Hair samples are washed in the lab to eliminate environmental contamination.

Do you wash hair samples prior to testing?
A: All hair samples are washed using a procedure developed by the International Atomic Energy Agency (www.IAEA.org). Washing the samples ensures that all external contaminants have been removed and we are reporting to the doctor only what has been excreted into the hair.

https://www.doctorsdata.com/FAQs#:~:text=A: All hair samples are,been excreted into the hair.

Artemisia

Yeah but the minerals or elements from pipes, pollution, water etc would be absorbed into the hair and not be washed out.