• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Role of EBV in autoimmune thyroid diseases

True, but I have discounted lots of things such as alpha-1-tyrpsane deficency, Wilson's disease, etc with extensive blood testing and am leaning towards a toxin that I picked up in China that also causes tinnitus, at this point I am thinking aluminum poisoning.

Tammy

Which enzymes were high, my ALT is high, but my AST is within range yet correlated with the ALT. When ALT is high, AST is in the high range, when ALT is in the high range, AST is mid range. What symptoms of Graves did she have and how's they confirm it? How did they know she had EBV?
It has been some years ago so I really couldn't tell you any details about the lab results or how they confirmed the Graves disease. It was approx. a year or so before the Graves disease that she came down with Mono and tested positive for EBV. The EBV attacked her liver and as a result her enzymes were high. EBV eventually attacked her thyroid and she developed Graves.

Tammy

that is interesting, how do you know EBV attacked her liver and her thyroid?
It may be helpful for you to google EBV and liver infection. EBV and Thyroid. Some Dr./researchers believe in a correlation and of course many do not. I happen to believe the EBV can attack or hang out in different areas of the body Ie/ thyroid, CNS, liver, spleen causing many different symptoms of Cfs/ME