• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Respiratory Chain Enzyme Function Analysis in ME...

Rossy191276

Does anybody know if researchers have done any respiratory chain enzyme function analysis studies in ME?

The mitochondrial disease doctor I saw said that it is a way to diagnose genetic mito but I would think that respiratory chain enzyme dysfunction could be a secondary result to potential ME factors as well...my scientific knowledge is very limited so would be happy for those of you with better understanding of these processes to give thoughts...

Thanks

Research 1st

Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.
Does anybody know if researchers have done any respiratory chain enzyme function analysis studies in ME?

The mitochondrial disease doctor I saw said that it is a way to diagnose genetic mito but I would think that respiratory chain enzyme dysfunction could be a secondary result to potential ME factors as well...my scientific knowledge is very limited so would be happy for those of you with better understanding of these processes to give thoughts...

Thanks

Hi I don't know if the following is of any use to use, sorry if it isn't but just trying to help.

Attachments

• Mito_Disorders_Gene.jpg
    Mito_Disorders_Gene.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Mitochondrial_DNA_&_Mitochondrial_Respiratory_Chain_Complexes.pdf
    973.7 KB · Views: 8