• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reputable Cytokine Panel?

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Does anyone know where I could get a reputable cytokine panel (Inflammatory cytokine testing) done? Preferably something I could buy online and then go to the laboratory?

IreneF

My doc didn't seem to think that cytokine testing was feasible, since they are still poorly understood. Plus, what would you do with that info?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
How do we block these dam cytokines?? TNF alpha and il6 are the common ones that are high in cfs/me. it seems to be a balancing act with treatments as many of those meds that can lower these cytokines can lower overall immunity which could be an issue for us with active infections. I have been reading of docs using methotrexate to block inflammation(from cytokines?) and antivirals at the same time, maybe helps reduce the 'die off' type reactions people have too??