• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

REMISSION! (suspected enterovirus, Dr. Chia treating)

I forgot to add that I also lost 27 lbs of the roughly 30+ that I gained while I had CFS. I'm not quite back at the weight I used to race at -- still about 5 pounds higher, but I'm stable and in the right range.

Suggestions for CFS. None of these are backed by any particular specific scientific literature relating these aspects of nutrition to CFS, this is just my opinion of things worth trying:
  • Remove all sugar (fructose) from your diet. This is very hard -- it is in everything. Remove all obvious sugar. all products with added sugar. all products that are sugar by other names, all fruit, salad dressing with sugar, Sushi Rice. -- everything with sugar. Sugar (sucrose/fructose) is a toxin AND it interacts with your hypothalamus to block leptin receptors. It is also a toxin metabolized in your liver and turned into fat -- the bad fat. Only good things can come of removing sugar from your diet.
  • Decrease the times you eat. Eliminate snacks. If you make it to OMAD, it is magic. OMAD controls not only insulin, but also other growth factors and virtually everything that causes metabolic disease. CFS is likely at its core some sort of metabolic disease with complex causes and interactions. If you can make it to OMAD KETO that is ever better. While keto diets control insulin, OMAD and fasting control all growth factors making it an extremely powerful tool for the management of disease.
  • Increase your salt intake. Sodium is an essential nutrient and the bullshit FDA nutrition information on salt is bullshit.
  • I defiantly think a keto diet is worth trying. You would probably want to aim for the super high therapeutic level keto targets so that your ketone body levels are high enough for them to cross the blood-brain barrier. I have no specific experience in keto diets. I just eat a mostly low carb mostly vegetarian diet.

perrier

1) Nothing. and I was tested for anything and everything -- well beyond Dr. Chia's standard pre-visit test list.
By process of elimination and patient history, Dr. Chia decided that enterovirus fits my history.
2) nope.
3) I've been on Equilibrant since I first saw Dr. Chia (March 2018).
4) I can't remember if the max dose was 4 equilibrant pills per day or 6 per day. -- I just can't remember but it my be in my paperwork somewhere. I currently take 2 per day (unless I forget, which I do often). I haven't been to California in over a year and so I haven't seen the Doc in over a year. When I next see him, I can't wait to see what he does for my long management of remission. I suspect he'll take me off of equilibrant.
Dear JM, I read the link you posted about your history. You are indeed very fortunate. Dr. Chia is very gifted and clearly helped you. You are also lucky that you were never severe, bed ridden, unable to walk, or eat, or think clearly, beset by severe GI distress, OI, and POTS. Dr Chia caught you early, and helped. Best wishes.