• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reliable Lyme test from German lab

brenda

This lab in Germany -

MVZ Laborzentrum
Ettlingen,
Germany.

does a Lyme test which is not a test on antibodies. Here is their explanation

This was an examination of a specific immune response on the T-cellular level against

borrelia burgdorferi sl in contrast to the usual examination of the immune answer by specific antibodies (Elisa or western

blood test resp.). The advantage of this T-cellular method is that this method is more sensitive than the the proof by

antibodies and it shows only actually active infections by borrelia burgdorferi sl while specific antibodies can persist over

years after the end of the infection. Also if the is a reinfection or reactivation of the borreliosis the T-cell-examination shows

again a conspicuous result. So the T-cell-examination is the better way of testing if there is a lyme borreliosis.

This method is called LTT = Lymphocyte Transformation Test and is a cell culture procedure where isolated lymphocytes are

brought in contact with surface antigens of the germ to be tested. In case of questionable borreliose we use typical antigens

of the borrelia burgdorferi sl: one whole antigen mixture of the most important surface antigens of all of the borrelia

species present in europa and three typical (recombinant) single antigens which are only to find on the surface of borrelia

burgdorferi species.

I had the test done in 2008 (positive) Their email address is

W.Gebhardt@laborzentrum.org

Werner Gebhardt has sent me an email in English so I am guessing he speaks good English.

I paid about 80 for the test, ordered by a doctor in Germany so you may need a doctor to order it.