• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reiki

Jody

I won a free Reiki treatment in a raffle (no, I really did!:)) a year or so ago.

A husband and wife team spent an hour with me, before hand, just talking with me. They spent an hour or so with me doing the treatment, and sat with me for half an hour or so after.

The main thing I remember, even though I'd had my reservations about this treatment, was that for the next 24 hrs, the "chatter" in my nervous system was gone.

I knew I had a busy nervous system before, busy brain, a bit jittery. But I didn't fully realize the extent of it, till it was gone for that 24 hrs.

If I could afford Reiki I would do it on a regular basis.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
That's amazing! Not just that you could win a Reiki session in a raffle (!) - but that it worked so well. 'Nervous system chatter' is a perfect term for me - it seems like my nervous system is on edge - like it cannot settle down. From what little I know Reiki is a 'life energy' stress reduction technique. How better to explain CFS than that one's 'life energy' or chi has been depleted. Where did it all go? I do feel that I could just calm everything down I could get some real healing going on.

Had a very similar experience with transfer factor and a couple of other temporarily successful treatments - they popped me out of my kind of stress ridden state and into a state of calmness. I had completely forgotten what that felt like.

Jody

It is an amazing treatment. And no bad side effects. :)

Hmmm. What you describe, a nervous system on edge -- sounds like your sympathetic nervous system is on constant alert. And I guess one of the things Reiki does is help us activate our parasympathetic nervous system. Give the sympathetic a rest, and stop the influx of the breaking-down chemicals, and up the parasympathetic, increasing the flow of the building up, healing, soundness chemicals.

Jody

This is sweet.

I got an email from my Reiki people, they send out little inspirational things once in awhile to their mailing list.

Don't know why I didn't think of this before, stupid really. But no matter, I thought of it yesterday. :D

I sent them an email telling them I'd written an article about my experience with them, sent them a link to it. And asked if I could put a link to their website on Ncubator.

They wrote back today. They were pleased by the article, by the link and would like also to put a link to Ncubator on their site.

And ....... They want to give me another free half hour of Reiki as a thank you.

These are lovely people. I am tellin' you. Really sweet. :)

And I will (hopefully) lose some more chatter! For awhile, anyway.

I am a lucky girl. :)

Jody

I just made a few changes to my article, adding their names, Dori and Martha Patriche, and the name of their place, Reiki-Do Natural Healing Centre. And I've added their site to Ncubator's Links page and to Jody's Blog's links as well.

Jody

Lisa,

Yes, free is the only way I'd be able to do it.

I am looking forward to it.

Jody

I made an appointment for my free Reiki treatment today.

I go next Wednesday morning. :D

Guess I'd best be prepared to write another article about these two sweet people.

Lisa

Jody,

I'm looking forwards to hearing about how your this next appointment is for you. If you experience the same calming of the noise as last time.

Lisa :)

Jody

Well, as it turned out I did not actually have a Reiki treatment today.

Martha and I (Dori wasn't there) ended up talking for over two hours instead. We will try again next week. :)

I felt quite spacey by the time I got home. I often do when I go out for something other than the usual shopping trip uptown. If it's somewhat unfamiliar it will take a toll on the ol' bod. And brain.

I figured that's what was happening and felt the usual disappointment that I am not so "healed" when I step out of my envelope. Since I started being able to spend hours typing online, writing articles and emails and being on here, I have felt way ahead of my usual game. But when I go out for new things from time to time (like going to son Duncan's and daughter-in-law Carmel's for dinner a week or so ago) I get really wiped again. Usually temporary and gone by next day at least.

Got home, did some work online, felt really spaced and really tired. Finally had a nap between 4:30 and 5:30. Felt better energy tonight. Actually, less wired than most evenings.

At first I attributed that to not writing for edubook anymore. I didn't mind it, liked being busy, but it took an hour or so every day and made my time and my brain more ... crowded. Less time to actually ... think about stuff or just take a breather from time to time.

I'm sure this is a factor. But it also occured to me that it could be in part from being with Martha. As she said, we didn't have a session but we spent that time together talking about energy, healing, metaphysical, spiritual things. And, she is a Reiki practitioner. Maybe some of it rubs off even when she's not "working".

At any rate I feel more ... smooth, nerve-wise than I have in a few weeks.

So that's all good. :)

Lisa

"At any rate I feel more ... smooth, nerve-wise than I have in a few weeks."

That's good to hear Jody! And very interesting that it occurred from being in her presence instead of through the reiki. Perhaps her energy aura is so stable at this point that it automatically adjusted some of yours to a more natural alignment. :)

Sounds like some definite woo woo going on there! lol :D

I know exactly what you mean about stepping out of your familiar envelope. That's what happened to me a few days ago. Even though I was still at home, the neighbor's noxious fumes took away my familiar fresh air envelope. It was an eye opener as to what my health state is now. But that's for the best so that I don't jump into over doing things. Sort of a reality check I suppose. :rolleyes:

Looking forwards to next week's update!

Jody

Lisa,

Definite woo woo. :D

Reality checks are a bummer and also very important. :)

I will give a full report next week on my Reiki treatment ... if Martha and I get to it.:)

Jody

I had my free Reiki today.

Martha put on some gentle music. I laid down on my back on the cot, and she covered me with a blanket. Pillow under my head and a smaller one under my knees.

I took off my watch and ear rings.

She began with her hands above my head. I simply lay with eyes closed, relaxed. The first time, 2 yrs ago I remember feeling nervous and like I should be, I don't know, DOING something. But not this time.

After a good while, I felt warmth near my face, she had moved her hands inches in front of my face, the warmth was from the proximity of her hands. :)

Next change was to her hands within inches of my ears. This was interesting. It was if something were being pushed, or flowing, through my ears, into my head, down my neck ... and like it was ... moving something out of the way. That was how it felt.

And I noted, I began to weep. Silent, many tears, a little bit of shaking ... got tears in my ears :) ... but it wasn't crying ABOUT something, it was more like a release of ... pressure, a physical release.

She said later she did get an impression of trauma, and that some of that was being released. That sounded right to me, sounded like what I had experienced.

Laid hands gently on me, on top of my head, over my heart, on my arms, on my knees, on my legs below my pelvis, each location for maybe 5 - 10 min. at a time.

Top of my head, caused a similar reaction to my ears. Began to weep. She next moved to over my heart and within a moment or two, the weeping stopped. The other place where I noted a reaction was on my knees. Felt like something was being pushed down my legs and out, the bottoms of my feet.

The whole time she had her hands there, I felt this sensation. Been having problems with an ankle (twisted it last yr and it lately is bothering me a bit) and waking up with charlie horses in both calves recently. And with the heat and humidity lately, I have had some swelling in legs and feet again. Don't know if there's a connection to these things are not.

She eventually left me alone for awhile, maybe 10 - 20 min.? The whole thing took about an hour, and another 15 min. before I was up off the cot and sitting in her living room with a glass of water.

Very gentle procedure. No abrupt ... anything. Everything revolves around the comfort of the person they are treating. If I had needed to take longer getting up off the cot, or longer before leaving her table, I would have been allowed that choice. It is all about the person they are treating. Wonderful.

Maybe there isn't. Martha says, that's how it goes out. Like dry skin brushing should be done in a particular direction because the toxins take their exit through a particular pathway? I don't know, this is all very new to me.

She said, the practitioner is not going to ask personal questions, or delve into any of a client's private life. Their role is to simply be the vehicle for the energy (not her words, I am trying to verbalize what I got from her). But even there, the practitioner is not healing you. They are there to help you to be able to heal yourself. You accept and allow in the energy, or you don't.

She says that my middle chakras are fine, but the top one and the root one are closed. She recommended hematite, a kind of stone, and gave me a bracelet made of hematite as a gift. I am wearing it all the time. She also have me a necklace with small gold-plated magnets to wear which she said might energize me and help me feel more alert. If it doesn't work for me I will bring it back to her. If it does help me it is mine as long as it is helping.

She lent me a book by Louise Haye called "You Can Heal Your Life". I will read it. Maybe not today I have felt a bit punch-drunk since I came out of her place. :)

I was quite fragmented and fractured this morning since I got up. Central nervous system wasn't messaging worth a darn today. Very disoriented physically and mentally before I left my house. Worse by the time I drove myself to her house (20 min. drive in moderate traffic). I was three sheets to the wind by the time I got to her place. Fortunately, we got right to it. Conversation would not have been possible for me.

She asked me to come again on Sept. 16. I am absolutely planning on going.

Lisa

Good detail here Jody. All very interesting.

I have had healing once that caused me to weep fiercely. Was very strange to me. I did feel a lot better afterward and I think the trauma it worked on is less now because of having that healing.

I've been wondering about magnets these last few days. Haven't looked into them at all, but all my new readings on acupressure and EFT have me wondering if magnets would effect the energy blocks.

If you feel some energy still residing from the trauma spots she freed up, maybe you should EFT them down a bit. Might be a good time to hit them while they are still loosened up. :)

This releasing of stuff and crying - not something I am comfortable with. Never been able to relax myself that much and relax the control I have. Hmm. Trying to work on that too with the EFT a bit. I find that when releasing those really big blocks of energy that cause that sort of emotion I tend to subconsciously start pulling myself back inwards instead of letting go.

oh well! Practice makes perfect and I'm at least practicing :D

Let us know if you feel more centered or calmer tomorrow/tonight. I've been pretty curious about that aspect of this healing.

Jody

Lisa,

I actually already feel much more steady this evening (7:30 p.m. here) than I have all day. I was feeling quite fractured and fragmented, almost (not quite though) like I could be teetering on a real crash.

Have not felt so neurologically shattered in some time. And then the Reiki made it worse for a few hours :) an adjustment so to speak, was taking place.

But, much steadier now. Better energy than earlier, clearer thoughts, less static in the muscles and nerves. Less vertigo and seasickness than earlier.

And, more positive expectation and confidence again. Nice to have that back once more. :)

About crying. I am not a real fan of crying either. But I have learned over the years that sometimes, it is a really good idea. If only because it is a good de-toxifyer. Seriously.

I used to go to a church some years back which had awesome music, that would bring me to tears on a regular basis. They didn't mind if people wept and sobbed if they needed to, just kept the music going, kept building the atmosphere for release because while they didn't have everything right by any means, they knew about the need for release of grief. And it was a great thing for me.

Over time I became less fearful, less insecure, less apologetic, less ... alot of things. And I became more positive, more confident, more bold, and more ... myself. Looking back, spending that time alone with God, enveloped in that music, knowing nobody was going to come over and poke me to "behave", and experiencing this off and on for a number of years ... this was a big part of change for the better for me.

So have a good howl, anytime you can bring yourself to it. It's not weakness. It's the beginning of new strength and healing.

Just my thoughts on the matter. :)

R

rainbow11

Jody... Reiki, chakras

Jody,

So glad your reiki session was so positive for you.

As to your chakras that are having issues, that breathing exercise I gave on the mind/body forum where you breathe, and then imagine your chakras lighting up with their respective colors will help your chakras.

If you are unsure about the colors, you can search them on line.... but actually not really necessary.

Your chakras, believe it or not, know their colors and will respond in kind when you communicate with them, just as simple as verbalizing their colors... or "thinking" their colors.

My root chakra as well can have a tendency to become closed, per se.

Laughter, tears... yes, both very cleansing and healing.

fyi...sounds like your reiki practitioner is a keeper.

rainbow

Jody

rainbow,

thanks for the info.

I agree. I think Martha is a keeper too. And, fortunately for me, she seems to feel that way about me for the moment. Especially nice since I can't afford any of this and she is doing it anyway.

Very comforting, that.

Jody

I had my second Reiki treatment this morning.

Martha got to see my looking and sounding fairly-messed up today, as I was in my low-end of the bounce, that is to say, I was being flattened by symptoms. I think she found it pretty interesting. :rolleyes:

Did the treatment, she poured me some water and we sat for a few minutes after. She decided (during this treatment) that the only thing that makes sense is for her to teach me how to do reiki.:D

So, I go probably some time next week (we will work out a date -- or rather dates) for two sessions.

This is really awesome. I am quite blown-away.