• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reiki Healing. Anyone have any experiences?

Lynn

I tried Reiki when I first became so ill that I was having trouble doing my job. My husband and I both took a class in level one Reiki. Unfortunately though it is very calming and can help with small issues, it did not make a dent in my ME/CFS.

My husband and I still use Reiki often. Sometimes when I have overdone it and my heart is racing for hours, it will really help a lot in the moment.

Lynn

Lucinda

Yes I've had reiki and I've had spiritual healing several times, off lots of different healers.

I seemed to feel the energy, but it never helped my health at all. I gave up on it after a while.

sleepy237

sorry to hear it never helped :( wish one of us would find something that worked for us all hugs all

Mr. Cat

I received it a couple of times, including once when I felt some interesting energy. I also took the level one course and still do it on myself once in a while. I find it is calming when I do it to achy parts of my body where the energy is stuck, but I can't be sure how much is placebo effect. I can't say it cured my CFS, but it is one of the 20+things I do or take to manage this condition.

kurt

I've used Reiki for years, and it seems to help a lot of things, and sometimes has helped manage symptoms for a short while. But mostly palliative, certainly Reiki has not changed the course of my ME/CFS. What has changed the course of my ME/CFS has been focus on gut health (diet etc), seriously addressing neurotoxins (antioxidants etc), and a B12 protocol. Everything else, including a variety of pharmaceuticals, has been window dressing.

i did my reiki 1 many years ago, was an interesting and enjoyable weekend. had two folk do reiki on me after the weekend and it did increase my energy levels though only short term. like the above post i focus mainly on gut and diet. i'm a great believer in d.i.y. complimentary therapy and have a couple of therapies i do on myself which help alot.

Nielk

I just had a Reiki treatment a few days ago. After the treatment, immediately, I felt like I was so light. I was calm and felt like a stone has been lifted from my heart. I still had faint pain, but I haven't felt like this for years. I didn't want to go to sleep because i was so excited about the way I was feeling and was worried it won;t last. Of course it didn't last. The next morning I woke up feeling even worse.

Now, I know I can't expect one session to cure me when I've been sick for nine years. The practitioner did tell me that I had major blockage in my root chakra and my heart chakra. I have no idea what that means.

Does anyone really know how Reiki works and has anyone have real success with it?

taniaaust1

Does anyone really know how Reiki works and has anyone have real success with it?

Im a 6th generation reiki channel
.. along with being a psychic/pranic healer before I got ill, so will try to explain reiki and energy in an understandable way.

There are all kinds of healing energy out there and reiki is just one of these.. a universal energy .. a type of life force. Once attuned to this energy it can automatically flow throu the "channel" (channel=the one doing it) throu the persons hands. Reiki works on all levels of your being... mental, physical, spiritual and emotional.. all these auric bodies. It helps clear blocks and can rebalance things with its own energetic consciousness.

There are many interesting things about reiki including that when one is having reiki done. it slows the brain wave pattern automatically down to the 8-10 hertz range (which also happens in meditation).

It is said reiki can heal anything but Ive NEVER heard of one being healed from ME/CFS by reiki. Ive never heard of anyone in the reiki school Im from healing anyone with this illness. I have thou seem miracles with reiki in regards to other illnesses thou so it definately can fix many things.

I myself have found it most useful and works very powerfully for me in trauma incidences.. I once cut my finger to to bone when I had visitors and was making dinner.. you could see the bone. I grabbed my finger in shock and horror at the gaping wound, my father saw this too. Holding my finger tight we arranged to take me to hospital to have stitches.. I let it go to have another look only to find my finger had healed. No cut were there at all..

Just after I learnt reiki .. I had a massive bruise on my leg and testing the energy out.. tried to heal the bruise but did it in a way with spread fingers to see if where my fingers sat would heal quicker then the other parts. That bruise did heal where my hand had been.. leaving only a bruised area around the shape of my hand print... where my hand had been all healed and the skin looked great. (Ive also done healings on people which worked).

Many of my reiki group have done some quite miraculous healings too but sadly even "reiki bakes" (when one has a healing with many other reiki channels working on one at once, its an awesome experience.. hasnt helped me in any way with ME/CFS).

Nielk.. with reiki one dont need to know about chakras as the energy will flow to whereever is needed the most.
But to your chakra question anyway (Im familiar with chakras due my pranic healing training with grandmaster Choa Kok Sui.. RIP).. the chakras affect different things.

Your root chakra not only affects your general energy but also will affect your finances badly. The feet chakras and root chakra is where earth energy comes in (earth energy is one of our main energy sources). Those who have suicidal inclinations dont have a good energy flow going throu ones base chakra (so a block could make you suicidal). The older one gets.. the weaker this chakra gets.. one loose vitality. The energy from the root chakra actually helps the head chakras with energy too so can affect the head.

The heart chakra affects the ability of the body to fight infection and energises another chakra which is important in the body defending against things.

If you give me consent.. I will scan you and give you a run down on what your chakras are doing

taniaaust1

Im been thinking further and from my own experiences and what Ive seen... something like Pranic healing could possibly help ME/CFS, it may work stronger then the reiki going by what Ive seen.

We had a student in our pranic healing class one time who had severe long term neurological issue.. and our teacher ordered us all to "Fix him" after day three of a class. This poor guy was having full body spasms every 15 seconds or so.. they were happening all the time. As a group (200??) we sent energy at this guy trying to fix him.. After a couple of minutes (actually we had several attempts at fixing him) this guys spasms got much better.. to the point he was only spasming about once per minute.

Our teacher got impatient and stepped in and worked on him for about 30 seconds.. and this guy was cured (hahaha us students got put to shame).. I didnt see him spasm the rest of the course. (this is the only incident Ive seen of a healing fixing a long term neuro issue).

(I hope no reiki channels here beat me down for suggesting that other type of energy healing may be stronger.. pranic healing is more focused.. it isnt a case of energy going to the point of most need but rather the healer sending it very specifically so hence probably works better for specific thing then reiki does).

maddietod

I also studied Reiki and had a number of sessions. I felt fabulous, but the treatments wouldn't "hold." I have the same problem with all types of energy work, so I finally took a 2-year course with Donna Eden to learn how to continuously fix myself up. This hasn't healed my CFS, but when I keep my meridians, aura, chakras etc strong and flowing properly, I feel much more stable. When I don't do the work, I feel like my energy is leaking out the bottom of my feet, my brain feels fried and scrambled, my moods get sad or cranky, and I hate everybody. I didn't have a particular talent for Reiki, so doing that on myself didn't help.

I also created a very low-stress life, and am careful about my diet.

ukxmrv

I've tried Reiki over a number of years and found it relaxing. Agree with madietodd that it just didn't "hold" though.

dipic

Tried it due to my Mom pushing it through a couple of her friends who are "trained" in it. Did it really just to humor her as I often turn down a lot of the silly things she suggests... but I know she's just trying to be helpful.

Some tranquil new age music played, a nice summer breeze came through the window, as they both performed their.... pretending to put energy into me thingy. When it was over I actually felt quite a bit energized! Of course, that's because I had fallen asleep for 20 or so minutes from just lying there with my eyes shut.

My opinion/experience? Reiki? Sure, maybe if it puts you to sleep, you may feel slightly rested afterward. Other than that... :rolleyes:

Reiki has helped with the weakness in my legs. What helped the most is IV therapies (essential oils, hydrogen peroxide, etc.), sound therapy and neural therapy. I was so much better from these therapies, that I was able to take a course in pranic healing (similar to reiki, except I use color visualization and work with chakras). If you'd like to know more about it, or would like a long distance treatment.... feel free to contact me.

Nielk

Im a 6th generation reiki channel
.. along with being a psychic/pranic healer before I got ill, so will try to explain reiki and energy in an understandable way.

There are all kinds of healing energy out there and reiki is just one of these.. a universal energy .. a type of life force. Once attuned to this energy it can automatically flow throu the "channel" (channel=the one doing it) throu the persons hands. Reiki works on all levels of your being... mental, physical, spiritual and emotional.. all these auric bodies. It helps clear blocks and can rebalance things with its own energetic consciousness.

There are many interesting things about reiki including that when one is having reiki done. it slows the brain wave pattern automatically down to the 8-10 hertz range (which also happens in meditation).

It is said reiki can heal anything but Ive NEVER heard of one being healed from ME/CFS by reiki. Ive never heard of anyone in the reiki school Im from healing anyone with this illness. I have thou seem miracles with reiki in regards to other illnesses thou so it definately can fix many things.

I myself have found it most useful and works very powerfully for me in trauma incidences.. I once cut my finger to to bone when I had visitors and was making dinner.. you could see the bone. I grabbed my finger in shock and horror at the gaping wound, my father saw this too. Holding my finger tight we arranged to take me to hospital to have stitches.. I let it go to have another look only to find my finger had healed. No cut were there at all..

Just after I learnt reiki .. I had a massive bruise on my leg and testing the energy out.. tried to heal the bruise but did it in a way with spread fingers to see if where my fingers sat would heal quicker then the other parts. That bruise did heal where my hand had been.. leaving only a bruised area around the shape of my hand print... where my hand had been all healed and the skin looked great. (Ive also done healings on people which worked).

Many of my reiki group have done some quite miraculous healings too but sadly even "reiki bakes" (when one has a healing with many other reiki channels working on one at once, its an awesome experience.. hasnt helped me in any way with ME/CFS).

Nielk.. with reiki one dont need to know about chakras as the energy will flow to whereever is needed the most.
But to your chakra question anyway (Im familiar with chakras due my pranic healing training with grandmaster Choa Kok Sui.. RIP).. the chakras affect different things.

Your root chakra not only affects your general energy but also will affect your finances badly. The feet chakras and root chakra is where earth energy comes in (earth energy is one of our main energy sources). Those who have suicidal inclinations dont have a good energy flow going throu ones base chakra (so a block could make you suicidal). The older one gets.. the weaker this chakra gets.. one loose vitality. The energy from the root chakra actually helps the head chakras with energy too so can affect the head.

The heart chakra affects the ability of the body to fight infection and energises another chakra which is important in the body defending against things.

If you give me consent.. I will scan you and give you a run down on what your chakras are doing

Hi Tania,

Sorry, I didn't see this post till today. I'm intrigued. You can do a scan of my body long distance?

sianrecovery

I've had and trained in a number of forms of energy work, inc reiki. They havent fixed my ME, but have had useful short term impacts. The system that has helped the most with daily management is Donna Eden's Energy Medicine, and her book of the same title I found very good. One of her ideas is that long term illness can fix the body's energy systems into unhelpful 'homolateral' patterns, and working with that has been helpful for me. I see any long term illness - ME is not my first, I've had Hep C and have a genetic kidney disorder - as a spiritual, mental, emotional and physical challenge because it takes work on all those levels to stay hopeful and keep going.