• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Register for the IACFS/ME August 21, 2020 Virtual Conference!

Hope123

Hi, everyone,

I hope you will be able to join us at IACFS/ME's August 21, 2020 Virtual Meeting. IACFS/ME is a 30-yr. old international, professional organization of clinicians and researchers dedicated to researching and taking care of people affected by ME/CFS. Many of the clinicians and researchers you are familiar with are long-time members of IACFS/ME. IACFS/ME also welcomes patient and caregiver members interested in supporting scientific dialogue about ME/CFS.

Visit our main conference web page to view the conference schedule and to register for the meeting.

Thanks!

***********************************************************************************************

The International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (IACFS/ME) is excited to announce our first virtual research conference to be held on August 21, 2020!

The meeting is conducted in joint providership with the Renaissance School of Medicine, Stony Brook University (NY, USA) and is co-sponsored by the You + M.E. Registry and the Open Medicine Foundation. This half-day, Zoom-based meeting will consist of moderated one-hour sessions followed by a question- and-answer discussion (via Chat), similar to our in-person conferences. We anticipate the meeting will run from approximately 10 AM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT, New York City) to 3:30 PM EDT. We plan to record the meeting so people unable to attend live or in its entirety at one time may watch it afterwards.

The conference will focus on biomedical, public health, and behavioral aspects of ME/CFS and associated comorbidities. Invited speakers are drawn from a selection of accepted oral presentations to our June conference that was canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Peer-reviewed, new, unpublished research will be presented. A portion of the meeting will also be devoted to COVID-19 and its relevance to ME/CFS research and clinical care.

All biomedical and behavioral professionals, including clinicians, researchers and educators, with an interest in ME/CFS and its associated co-morbidities are invited to attend. Continuing medical education credits for physicians and nurses will be provided. People affected by ME/CFS and their supporters are also welcomed to participate.

Visit our main conference web page to view the conference schedule and to register for the meeting.

To learn more about IACFS/ME, visit our website.
We also publish a quarterly peer-reviewed journal about ME/CFS.

Gemini

The International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (IACFS/ME) is excited to announce our first virtual research conference to be held on August 21, 2020!

Thanks for posting @Hope123.

Do you know if this ZOOM conference allows audio only participation i.e., dialing in on a phone to listen without video as some ZOOM conferences I've attended recently do? Appears the IACFS/ME website doesn't indicate it.

Gemini

Conference Agenda:

IACFSME Agenda Aug 21 2020  pg 1 of 2 .jpg
IACFSME Agenda Aug 21 2020  pg 2 of 2 .jpg

Hope123

Thanks for posting @Hope123.

Do you know if this ZOOM conference allows audio only participation i.e., dialing in on a phone to listen without video as some ZOOM conferences I've attended recently do? Appears the IACFS/ME website doesn't indicate it.

Hi, Gemini,

Most Zoom meeting have used Zoom Meeting rather than Zoom Webinar. It is likely that Zoom Webinar has the same features but I want to check before answering for sure. In our past meetings, about 30% of attendees are from outside the US so we want to assure that not just US but international dialing is possible.

BTW, we conceived of using the dial-in numbers as primarily back-up for situations where there might be no, slow, or poor Internet access. Is that the situation you are concerned about?

Gemini

BTW, we conceived of using the dial-in numbers as primarily back-up for situations where there might be no, slow, or poor Internet access. Is that the situation you are concerned about?

Hi, @Hope123.

Some patients don't have computers but have participated in "audio" teleconferences like those the CDC and NIH have held. Others due to cognitive challenges find hours-long video difficult. Those are the situations.

BTW do you know if the Conference will be available on YouTube afterwards?

Hope123

Hi, @Hope123.

Some patients don't have computers but have participated in "audio" teleconferences like those the CDC and NIH have held. Others due to cognitive challenges find hours-long video difficult. Those are the situations.

BTW do you know if the Conference will be available on YouTube afterwards?

No, the Conference will not be on Youtube.

However, registered attendees will get a link to the conference video afterward that they can review if they cannot attend live or cannot watch the meeting at one sitting.

Hope123

Will the videos for Solve ME and OMF researcher talks be released to the public since they are part sponsors of the conference?
We are excited to have SMCI and OMF be sponsors for the meeting. However, sponsorship of the meeting is not related to the selection of presentations. All sponsors are aware of that. We select presentations based on scientific merit, not on whether an individual, organization, etc. sponsors the meeting or not. Additionally, continuing medical accreditation does not allow sponsors to determine content of the meeting.

Hope123

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps an attendee will summarize key points and post here.

Thanks for checking @Hope123.

We will have several mainstream reporters and well-known ME/CFS writers/ groups reporting on the meeting. That has been the tradition for many years. Most patients who follow any of the well-known groups or writers will read/ hear about the meeting via these channels. We may also produce our own short summary of the meeting for the public.

Hope123

Are you worried about using Zoom Webinar?

Are your concerns preventing you from joining our August 21, 2020 IACFS/ME Virtual Conference?

If so, join us for our LIVE Conference Attendee Rehearsal. This short 10-minute presentation will familiarize you with how to join Zoom and also the Chat/ Question and Answer functions. We will also have additional time for questions. The rehearsal will take place Thursday, August 13, at 8 AM Pacific Standard Time (San Francisco, CA, USA). For your local date/ time, check Time and Date.

Register in advance for this webinar:

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_gdszozFNR1GV1UggV42PZw

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

If you are unable to attend, we will be sharing a recording of the rehearsal afterwards with registrants and on our main conference web page.
You can also visit this Zoom link for written information on how to participate.https://iacfsme.memberclicks.net/august-21-2020-virutal-conference
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/ar...ning-and-participating-in-a-webinar-attendee-
To register for the conference itself (NOT this rehearsal), visit our main conference web page. Conference registration closes AUGUST 20 at 12 AM EST (New York City, USA). This is one day BEFORE the meeting.
A link to the recording of the meeting will be shared with registered attendees after the conference.

raghav

Dr Sato’s working hypothesis is that infection triggers plasmablast activation, which triggers selection of specific IGHs, which trigger autoantibodies (such as antiadrenergic receptor antibodies) that become dysregulated and go to the brain, leading to ME/CFS symptoms. He proposes that this pathway should be targeted for treatment.

Hi, everyone,

I hope you will be able to join us at IACFS/ME's August 21, 2020 Virtual Meeting. IACFS/ME is a 30-yr. old international, professional organization of clinicians and researchers dedicated to researching and taking care of people affected by ME/CFS. Many of the clinicians and researchers you are familiar with are long-time members of IACFS/ME. IACFS/ME also welcomes patient and caregiver members interested in supporting scientific dialogue about ME/CFS.

Thanks!

***********************************************************************************************

The meeting is conducted in joint providership with the Renaissance School of Medicine, Stony Brook University (NY, USA) and is co-sponsored by the You + M.E. Registry and the Open Medicine Foundation. This half-day, Zoom-based meeting will consist of moderated one-hour sessions followed by a question- and-answer discussion (via Chat), similar to our in-person conferences. We anticipate the meeting will run from approximately 10 AM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT, New York City) to 3:30 PM EDT. We plan to record the meeting so people unable to attend live or in its entirety at one time may watch it afterwards.

The conference will focus on biomedical, public health, and behavioral aspects of ME/CFS and associated comorbidities. Invited speakers are drawn from a selection of accepted oral presentations to our June conference that was canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Peer-reviewed, new, unpublished research will be presented. A portion of the meeting will also be devoted to COVID-19 and its relevance to ME/CFS research and clinical care.

All biomedical and behavioral professionals, including clinicians, researchers and educators, with an interest in ME/CFS and its associated co-morbidities are invited to attend. Continuing medical education credits for physicians and nurses will be provided. People affected by ME/CFS and their supporters are also welcomed to participate.

To learn more about IACFS/ME, visit our website.
We also publish a quarterly peer-reviewed journal about ME/CFS.
Hey I saw the post you made in 2010 and I’m wondering if you still have that malaise you spoke about? That’s my current main symptom as of right now