• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Regional(spinal/epidural)anesthesia for palpitation patient?

i was wondering if anyone has any experience on regional anesthesia effect on patient who has palpitation, tachycardia issues?
because i read from many sites/literature that lidocaine and bupivacaine cause increase in HR. and even arrhythmia but i read lidocaine could be a treatment for arrhythmia. so im confused.

Thank you.

@Sushi i remember you had experience with anesthesia but i dont know is it regional or just local? i think regional will cause more significant effect than local?

cause theres a warning for IV lidocaine and heart issue so i wonder if regional anesthesia also pose that risk

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Sushi i remember you had experience with anesthesia but i dont know is it regional or just local? i think regional will cause more significant effect than local?
I have had extensive, local injections of lidocaine for minor surgery without any affect on heart rhythm. I have also had complete anesthesia but of course in that case there is an anesthesiologist there monitoring your heart rate but they did not report any problems. Of course, responses are very individual.