• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Refridgerating Maf 838 after ten days?

anniekim

In the instructions provided on e bay for the MAF 838 it says refridgerate after 10 days. Sorry for being a bit slow on the uptake but would that be ten days after making it up with the starter or ten days after leaving it out for the first five days?

Many thanks in advance

alice

anniekim,

Maf 878?

I too am looking for more instructions or information on Dr. Enlander's Maf 878. I cannot find the uTube (was it uTube?) presentation again that I watched last Sunday which I wanted to view again. My doctor has suggested I try this yogurt preparation. He's been using the SC injection, but thinks the yogurt will be a good delivery method.

anniekim are you saying we have to prepare this from a mix?? I'm not sure I want to deal with this right now. Does a person eat some of it every day.

Maybe I will drive the 100 miles to get the SC injection GcMaf my doctor uses now for his patients. He says it's okay to use it sublingual too.

Appreciate any help. This is my first post. Excuse any errors. I have been lurking for a long time and being educated along the way. Thanks everyone.

anniekim

Thanks Ukxmrv, i spoke to Dr Enlander's office and they confirmed too that after five days you can put it in the fridge. I am sure it was probably obvious from the instructions given on the ebay site but i just wanted to double check i got it right.

Alice, yes, you buy a starter pack and mix it up yourself. If you look on the thread on here about 'has anyone tried the Maf878' there are more details on how to prepare it and how you can get it from ebay. It doesn't look too hard, you just mix it up with yoghurt, cream and kefir and have to leave it out for five days trying to keep the temp at 80F. I read a tip online about making yoghurt that if you need to keep a warmer temperature you could leave it in the oven with the pilot light on , or keep it in hot water on a tray etc.. Also I suppose you could buy a yoghurt maker where you can adjust the temperature. I'm going to see if any do this.

Regarding dosage, it says how much in the instructions to have each day, but a lot of people, including me if I go ahead, will start even lower and increase if there are no severe side effects. At the moment as someone else said on here dosage is probably a case of trial and error at this point. Good luck if you do go ahead.

alice

thanks anniekim for directing me to the other thread - that cleared up some of my anxieties - I hope people keep posting after they get their first order from ebay or Dr. Enlander. I've had terrible herxes and am not anxious to go there again. Thanks everyone.

Here I have been recycling all my nice glass quart jars because after moving, I no longer have storage room in our small condo.
anniekim, you mentioned that you were starting on ldn. I have also recently started - am at 3.5 mg. Best not to say too much on this thread - I'm sure there is a LDN thread here somewhere to take this further..