• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reactions to Iodine (iodoral) and Armour

drob31

Just to cover all angles, here are the results of my auto immune profile:

asfsfa.png

I'm still awaiting my h pylori results, and urine analysis. Then i'll move on to candida specific antibiodies and lyme. I might as well run the gauntlet to rule everything out.

At some point I may have to consider intermittent hypopitutary....

drob31

Does my complement C3 seem low?

By the way, here's "PLAN B:"

Morning:

BEZ-27992-12.jpg

Night (10-15 pills per night):

INP-70200-4.jpg

Last edited:

drob31

Here are my urinanalysis and h pylori results. I have calcium oxide crystals in my urine, which could indicate kidney stones:

uandh.png

Gondwanaland

So I think I've discovered something, and I can't find it anywhere online.

My forearms are pretty veiny, but it seems that when my cortisol is high, such as in the morning, which it's supposed to be, and around 6-9 PM, which it's not supposed to be, my forearms get really veiny. I'm assuming this is from the cortisol raising my blood pressure and or NO levels.

Why is this important? It's a visual indicator of my cortisol levels. I wake up and my arms tend to be very veiny, then I eat and they are less veiny, then 30 minutes later they are veiny again. Something seems to be altering BP and NO levels on and off.

When I was salicylate intolerant until late July I had this symptom too. Veiny hands, forearms, feet and calves. Scary! :eek:

I don't understand NO levels yet. But I inferred this symptom was due to either or both of the following:

- high acidity / high uric acid
- high ammonia

What helped me:

- sodium bicarbonate baths
- supplementation with magnesium oxide

I had been trying to supplement magnesium for several month before with no success. Apparently the organic forms raised ammonia and increased sulfate retention. Plus I now believe that being acidic helps to absorb MgO better.

I sarted supplementing MgO at 200mg and titrated up to bowel tolerance (600mg). I kept it up for one month before getting loose stools. Now I keep taking 400mg divided in 2 doses daily. It really helps with insomnia, anxiety, breathlessness and even with the intermittent goiter. I wish it would also help with my chronic constipation, but no success in that area yet. :rolleyes:

izzy

Gondwanaland

I should mention my current symptoms are lack of motivation, brain fog, poor short term memory, water retention, cold hands, feeling normal when the temperature is 90 degrees and everyone else is dying of heat. I also have eye sensitivity
These are symptoms of iodine deficiency. I ask myself if there is such a thing like "iodine donut hole" like with folate in methylation.

izzy

drob31

These are symptoms of iodine deficiency. I ask myself if there is such a thing like "iodine donut hole" like with folate in methylation.

izzy

I will be sure to get checked for iodine deficiency, however, everytime I supplement with it, it quickly makes me go hypo.

Just read "Iodine crisis" by Farrow. She states that side effects can be avoided by taking half tsp sea salt in big glass of water. Evidently the iodine causes toxins, ESP bromide, to get flushed and the salt moves them out.

drob31

I'm pretty sure my reaction was a hypothyroid once since I became very cold as well, and hair loss increased 10x.

drob31

Do you have Graves or Hashi's?

I have no thyroid antibodies, but I have all the hashi's symptoms. One doc things I'm seronegative for hashimoto's, but so far I haven't proven anything yet. I need to get the cyrex autoimmune pannel done.

drob31

The thing about 'adrenal fatigue' is that it can encompass almost any disease with it's huge list of symptoms. It's sort of like a catch all.

Currently I'm working down the path of an autoimmune disease. I know I have hpa-axis dysfunction as I still have high morning cortisol, so I know something's causing it to run high. The question is, what?

I think adrenal fatigue is the symptom of something else going on, and usually 1 of 2 things happen. 1. You change diet/exercise/sleep/supplements, etc, and over the course of maybe 1-2 years, your body heals itself of whatever was causing the adrenal fatigue, but not actually the adrenal fatigue. 2. Your body doesn't heal itself of what was causing adrenal fatigue, and you continue to have symptoms.