• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Re-activated Shingles, herpes zoster healed.

poohsilk

Never gives up
I just wanted to post about my herpes zoster reactivation.

I had a reactivation of it recently when I had high stress and I was eating nuts every day for 16 days. The nuts are high Arginine. I realized I was having a reactivation of shingles after 20 years of not having anything of the kind. But I recognized the distinct pain - burning the same and sane location as before, as well as feeling particularily unwell, more than the usuall.

After some research I took rhus toxicum 200 and hypericum perforatum homeopathic, and 500 mg of Lysine four times a day. I was better and was relieved of all of the burning and aching in 4 days. No antivirals needed. (My doc said those have to be started within 3 days of symptoms anyway.)

ljimbo423

I just wanted to post about my herpes zoster reactivation.

That must be a relief to get rid of that!

I had shingles a few years ago. They were really bad and incredibly painful. I started taking 1,200 to 1,600 mg a day of echinacea extract. Within 24 hours the blisters stopped forming. Within a few days the sick feeling from them was gone and the shingles I had were healing well.

Like you, I didn't need any antivirals. I gave my immune system the boost it needed to put the shingles back into remission/latency, with the echinacea and that's all I needed.