• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rare stuff I've tried: Suplatast tosilate and BCG injections

Gottfries et al. had a study some time ago showing that monthly injection of attenuated bacteria helped reduced CFS symptoms. Sadly, that is no longer produced.

I also took evidence that BCG vaccine is a Th1 promoter, and I was strongly Th2. Well, it probably caused more harm than good. About six months after, I realized why: BCG causes stress on the adrenals. BCG is a derivative of TB, which is the original cause of Addison's disease, or hypocortisolemia. Most CFS patients are already hypocortisolemic.

Which reminds me, I should probably take some isoniazid.

I've also briefly tried Suplatast Tosilate, a Th2 inhibitor to no avail.

These are adequate therapies with science behind them. They were low cost in nature. You can get both of these drugs for less than $100. I wish I would have spent money on more sure therapies, however.