• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Radiation Model - National CFIDS Foundation

Wishful

The news article was a bit short on details. I didn't visit any nuclear reactors before developing ME. If ME was more common among victims of high radiation, I'd suspect immune activation first (the body reacting to cell damage) which would be similar to any other immune activating events. The chemicals they mention may not have anything to do with ME, or at least not to do with ME in victims who didn't have radiation exposure.

Maybe the money available for ME research is a temptation to anyone who who has a research finding that might even remotely be possibly linked to ME.

Rufous McKinney

The chemicals they mention may not have anything to do with ME, or at least not to do with ME in victims who didn't have radiation exposure.

the substances they mention are very important to mitochrondria, I gathered from 5 minutes of exploration.

I thought it was interesting that Ron Davis mentioned: high uranium in California bodies, and mentioned: earth quake activity (I think I recall). So this may not require: nuclear meltdowns.

Its worth considering as more things get considered.

Hip

The National CFIDS Foundation seem to have a thing about ionizing radiation and ME/CFS, they have a whole section of their website dedicated to it.

Major exposure to ionizing radiation can certainly cause ME/CFS-like symptoms, but outside of events like Chernobyl, nobody is exposed to major radiation doses, so I really cannot see the point of the National CFIDS Foundation's interest in radiation. I cannot see the relevance to ME/CFS.

Last edited:

dannybex

I seem to recall that the National CFIDS Foundation found 'the' cause for ME/CFS (or CFIDS) about 10 years ago. Can't remember what it was, but it obviously didn't pan out. They always seemed more concerned with holding grudges and bashing other organizations than doing anything concrete for patients.

*GG*

I seem to recall that the National CFIDS Foundation found 'the' cause for ME/CFS (or CFIDS) about 10 years ago. Can't remember what it was, but it obviously didn't pan out. They always seemed more concerned with holding grudges and bashing other organizations than doing anything concrete for patients.

And if you have Bernard Kansky as your lawyer, bail out of your arrangement as soon as possible, the guy totally let me down!

GG

dannybex

Major exposure to ionizing radiation can certainly cause ME/CFS-like symptoms, but outside of events like Chernobyl, nobody is exposed to major radiation doses, so I really cannot see the point of the National CFIDS Foundation's interest in radiation. I cannot see the relevance to ME/CFS.

I agree. Just completely bizarre. And this is after they almost insisted ("It's a fact!") that the ciguatera isotope was the cause about 10 years ago. Uh-huh.

dannybex

This page is particularly bizarre, but also kind of typical for the organization. They seem to be implying that Dr. David Bell -- and his sister -- not only got ME/CFS -- but then mysteriously and completely recovered, but didn't ever tell anyone how they did so. As they say in the article, "Hmmm...".

http://www.ncf-net.org/forum/2015winter5.htm